Orford rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des didn't rate Groom, hence why he left.
On the other hand, Des is a big fan of Foran and took him to England along side JWH.
Not saying he will be our saviour, but Des must obviously see something in him.

Ryan link said:
Put it this way, if we shed the reported $450k - $500k Orford earns, and pay Foran say $50k to $70k, I see no reason why we couldn't re-sign all existing players (not including Bani who is hopefully off to the Cowboys).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. William Hopoate
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon (c)
07. Keiran Foran
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. George Rose
17. Jared Weara-Hargraves

Released to make room: Orford / Le'Strange / Hall / King / Bani.
That being said - you release all these players, you could probably pick up a Todd Carney / Tim Smith / Brett Finch type character.

You make a lot of sense there, Ryan. I am with you. I have heard a Tim Smith rumour as well. You read it here first!!

No Monaghan please. Bailey and Monaghan together is a recipe for disaster. Hasler didn't rate him four years ago and nothing that I can see has changed.

Hodkinson may well be the goods and Foran is rated highly as a five eighth but at half, who knows.

Groom is playing 2nd division in England I believe

1 factor that must be remembered by all here, is that Lyon's contract expires next season, and he has been quite open in saying that it will probably be St Helens after that. I hold out the hope that his young fella might be starting school and he stays in Oz for that

Ryan link said:
Put it this way, if we shed the reported $450k - $500k Orford earns, and pay Foran say $50k to $70k, I see no reason why we couldn't re-sign all existing players (not including Bani who is hopefully off to the Cowboys).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. William Hopoate
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon (c)
07. Keiran Foran
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. George Rose
17. Jared Weara-Hargraves

Released to make room: Orford / Le'Strange / Hall / King / Bani.
That being said - you release all these players, you could probably pick up a Todd Carney / Tim Smith / Brett Finch type character.

Not a bad line up Ryan the team is going to change again some what next year.

Before we go and spend big dollars, if Orford leaves, we should give Hodkinson and foran a go.

Hodkinson apparently, from what I've read, has been in good form. Before he came to us he had a knee reconstruction while at the Eels. Usually takes a while to get full confidence after a knee injury like that but it's slowly building.

How good would it be if we found a replacement no7 within our ranks. We'd also be able to keep the players in Robbo, Wolfy, Hall, le strange if we wanted to or let some of them go and look for new signing, a centre perhaps.

I heard the Rooters are going all out for JWH, Foran and Wolfman - My mate said the money will too high for them to resist. 

Kind of like what they did by raping the Bulldog over 3 years.

I hate the roosters so bad

It’s a big step up from U20's to NRL however its gotta be tried at some stage.

I'll have a whisper in Dessie's and crusher ear at training, their bound to listen.  :-*  :eek:  ;D

On a serious note would love to see them both blooded in NRL just to see want standard there at, we might even get a pleasant surprise.

Ryan link said:

I can tell you categorically that if Foran resigned with Manly  for $120k he would be losing money on what he can get elsewhere. As for JWH I heven't heard but the Roosters are chasing him and I bet he would command even more.

I dont see the appeal of the Roosters for Foran if they are going to have Carney and Pearce as there halves,

if Orford was to go i'd like leave it for Hodgekinson, Cherry-Evans, Foran to fight it out

Like i said in other threads.. we need a good half back. we dont need a superstar.. providing we keep the majority of the squad.. we have alot of attacking quality.. just need a decent half to piece it together. Orford is not the one..hes past his best.

Canteen Worker link said:
I can't think of one team winning the comp without a topline halfback unless you suggest it was us, last year. :) :) :)

Last year :p

Reason i say that is.. sometimes you can have a dominant 5/8 like Lockyer.. you wouldnt need a really topline half. I think if we sign Campese and pair him with Foran or Hodgkinson.. move Bailey to 2nd row.. we would be better off.

Rambo1987 link said:
I heard the Rooters are going all out for JWH, Foran and Wolfman - My mate said the money will too high for them to resist.  

Kind of like what they did by raping the Bulldog over 3 years.

I hate the roosters so bad

Rambo1987 here here mate i can't stand the Roosters also and the pricks have got all but no junior base.

Foran is a 5/8 through and through, he doesnt organise the troops like a half back, Daly does all that.

I like that they have played together for a few years and hence should they make it to first grade the combos between the 2 should be much quicker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6