Orford offered 3 year deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Read Dean Ritchie's blog on the Telegraph's website today.

Was surpirsed to read that we have offered Orford a 3 year extension which he is yet to accept.

3 years is way too long. We need to keep on building, we may as well try to find a long term option next year and be in a position to threaten the comp again around 2011.

Orford is in decline, we can't afford to have him here chewing up a fair chunk of the salary cap.

Depending on the price, I don't have a huge problem with it, but know I will be 1 of the Lone Ranger's there !

no figures were mentioned.

I guess Manly aren't mugs and have tabled the offer whilst his form has been down. I wouldn't like to hear any figures over 270k

Yeah I'm ok with it. It's tough to judge Dessie and Crusher and co. harshly. Our results have been pretty handy while they've been running the show.

I'm also OK with it because I know DSM5 will chuck a pretty hilarious dummy spit.

I'll get in before DSM, any contract offered to him would be a waste of the salary cap. What does he have to offer. For the money he is on no matter how bad the team is performing he should be leading by example and having a major influence out on the field. He is yet to do that this year. He seems to play well when the team around him plays well and for the money he is making that is not good enough.

As I've said previously I've never liked him even when he was at the storm and couldn't figure out why they payed him so much to sign wth us. I never will like him, especially if he keeps kicking the f'ing football. FFS just catch and pass and direct the others around the field.

Great questions CIG.His kicking game is often off at present but I remember back to the Monaghan years when, despite his ticker, our attack ran in concentric circles against the top teams. I don't want to go back there.

No top number 7, no premiership. I don't like Kimmorley one bit but it is no coincidence that without him the Sharks are crap and with him, the Dogs are suddenly a top team.

Its actually not a bad plan considering in 3 years Orford will be in England or retired, he has reached his peak sure and is in gradual decline, so come 3 years later our young junior halves (Foren ect) will be up and ready to play first grade.

During this 3 years the younger ones will get a go in first grade due to injiries and who  knows if they impress sooner than expected its a winning situation or if the juniors fail to perform and live up to expectations within 3 years then we will have enough time to hunt around for other options.

Honestly even to all the Orford haters he is the best option we have NOW, maybe not in 2 - 3 years time but ATM our juniors are too junior, let them battle through QLD CUP first (which is what Hodgkinson is doing).

I think 3 years is crazy, he'll be 34 by the time he finishes with us which is way too old.
I agree DE that he's the best option right now but the way he's going I'm not sure he'll be the best option next year, let alone in 2012.

Canteen Worker link said:
Great questions CIG.His kicking game is often off at present but I remember back to the Monaghan years when, despite his ticker, our attack ran in concentric circles against the top teams. I don't want to go back there.

No top number 7, no premiership. I don't like Kimmorley one bit but it is no coincidence that without him the Sharks are crap and with him, the Dogs are suddenly a top team.

If monas had lyon making him look good like orford did then we would have only spent 240K on a half back to take us to the premiership allowing say i dont know a back up fullback to be on the books.

Bailey is 10 times the 5/8 sam harris was and orford is making mullane look good with him there. Apples with aplles mate

Can somebody please alert DSM to this topic

He hasn't been sighted since our win, and this will be a nice juicy topic to find some negatives in :p

maybe its a 3 year deal for 150k... and say sorry thats all we got and he rejects it and we can say.. well we offered at least.

I stand by my original point. Orford at his worst is a better attacking option that Monaghan. He just has to pick up his kicking game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4