Orford linked to Parra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleAngel1986

Reserve Grader
I've heard that Orford has signed with Parra & that Moltzen has signed with Canberra......

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

They'd both be very good signings for them. Parra need an organiser and Canberra need a halfback who isn't rubbish. Robson won't be happy about it though!

Yeh I heard a rumour also that Parramatta are going to play on half a field next year so that orford's kicks can actually reach the half way line.

orford was small in stature,didnt have the biggest kick but he had a HUUUGE heart and we played more that 40 minute games when we had him.Id prefer poor kicking stats than poor results

Agree james, whilst frustrating at times Oxy won us many games...and you only have to look at the Youtube on "we need this man" to see some of how he set up many of the try's for Snakie...he'd be a great addition for any club wanting to mentor a younger player.

Joining the slime will do wonders for his popularity on here.

I can see DSM5s karma count skyrocketing into the positive as he reinvigorates his disdain for the Ox.

I am so sick of people  bashing Orford, if you think he had nothing to do with our success over hte past couple of years you must be blind and or have no idea about football.

He should go down as one of the clubs legends in my opinion.

Jonesyv2 link said:
I am so sick of people  bashing Orford, if you think he had nothing to do with our success over hte past couple of years you must be blind and or have no idea about football.

Contributory: Yes
Value for Money: Hell No

Club Legend: i'll give you an applaud for one of the funniest jokes I have heard in a long while.

geez parramatta  are trying there hardest not to win a title this decade ..  i know orford was good for us , but come on, he is getting on  now, look at kimmorley this yr ..  orford been out of nrl 2 seasons  now, barrett  didnt do nothing fancy for the sharks  after his return from his stint over there..  the only position he would be suited for now would be hooker..

I personally think that whilst Matt Orford was'nt the most gifted of Half-Backs, he gave his all week in week out and made a big difference during his 4 year stint at Manly. I can't help but wonder how different some of this season's results would have been, had Ox been our number 7. Best of Luck to you Ox wherever you end up, and my eternal thanks for your service to our club, in particular the dream that was 2008 (which sadly seems so long ago).

If the eels have managed to sign Ox, they will be close to a top 4 team next year.

I think many of us underestimated his contribution on and off the field.
He was a true leader and a good captain. If the best people can knock him about is his stumpy legs and kicking distance, you are clutching at straws. He had the heart that we missed this year.

We would have won more games with the ox this year.

Inexperience cost us many hames this year

WAMF- It's just a rumor, but i thought it was interesting!

HAHA Tookey- +1.

Jonesyv2 link said:
I am so sick of people  bashing Orford, if you think he had nothing to do with our success over hte past couple of years you must be blind and or have no idea about football.

I'm not an Ox basher, but i'm not a massive fan... He did us proud 2008... But what did he do in 2009??

EagleAngel1986 link said:
But what did he do in 2009??

If memory serves, leading our team to a fairly commendable 5th place without our star fullback for most of the year. Plus with reasonable momentum heading into the finals, only to be denied by an unstoppable Storm side, and a choking dragons.

Matt Orford was a champion player when he was with us. His kickoff, drop outs, touch kicks and goal kicks were rubbish. His grubbers were usually very good. He shouldn't have been taking the other kicks when we had Jamie Lyon and others more capable.

That he was taking those kicks is not his fault, he was doing what he was asked to do and doing it to the best of his ability.

I have always said that if Orford was kept away from all kicking except for grubbers, he was an excellent player.

Jonesyv2 link said:

Totally agree. Orford was a champion. If it wasn't for him joining the club in 2006, we would not have won the premiership in 2008, i have no doubt about that. Really, manly sholdn't have let him go back in 2000.

Along with BK he was one of the best signings in recent years that helped bring Manly back from the skids.

He was a solid 7, did his job & was rarely found wanting (unless his job involved kicking over 10m). Bound a team of superstars together.

He was nothing amazing though, the Ox worship surprises me as much as the bashing at times.

If he joins Parra I'll hate him as much as I do all the other Parra players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4