Optimistic for 2016 but looking forward to 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You will get s chance to see walker tomorrow live on fox 11.30 kick off
Thanks for reminding me I'll have torecord it .... I'm just going to work for 5 hours I'll just be home in time to watch us beat the kniggits.

Has anyone seen Rhys Kennedy play live? He's a 21yo, 197cm (6ft 5 in) prop at the raiders. He's a brother of Jarrod Kennedy. Just wondering if he is an aggressive player, or a big softie? He may be a cheap pick up, if he's willing to leave his brother.

Thanks for reminding me I'll have torecord it .... I'm just going to work for 5 hours I'll just be home in time to watch us beat the kniggits.
back from work and ah yes .... tomorrow not today @:blush:

Bit like you mate 2016 is a building year and 2017 is here we have a real shot. For me we have to re sign Tafua, Symonds. They are great workhorses and integral part of our team. Sure Jorge has his problems ATM but IMO he has pretty tough job in defence with skivvi stupidly rushing out of the line most of the time it's skivvi letting in those tries. Symonds is going great ATM and when DCE gets back we will get to see tommys attacking side as he has a great combo with DCE. Koroisau should go to 5/8, he has been our best player this year IMO and his defence isn't an issue and his attack is awesome. If api doesn't work out I wouldn't mind throwing cash at Blake green either. And don't forget Tom wright just yet, he will play next week I here and will be playing fullback possibly if Hynes doesn't want to move out of the halves to fullback. Replacing Lyon isn't hard with and international centre like Dylan walker already here and he will play a bit like Jamie after learning some 5/8 skills this year. Fonua-Blake is a must off the bench same with vave who should be re signed also. Captains will be Chez and IMO should be Jake also. Goal kicking, we have a couple of options. If api gets the 5/8 spot he is a very handy goal kicker and will be goal kicker. Walker can kick also and so can chez but he may need a training course from a goal kicker. We are also going to need another big name prop (hopefully Tamou) but I can't really seeing us spend to big this year, we will probably sign Tamou and some depth players maybe a 5/8 but nothing drastic like 2016. I think our young guns coming through are some of the best in the NRL. We have young backs like...

Brad Parker
Tom Wright
Jesse Ramien
Nicho Hynes
Cade Cust

And Then young forwards...

Johnnie Walker
Darcy Cox
Billy Bainbridge
Liam Knight
Fonua-Blake
Meehan

All these guys are under 22, how good is that. Our depth is looking great for the next couple of years. Johnnie walker is a gun by the way, he reminds me of Tyson Frizell. He runs great lines and will be knocking down the door for selection soon enough.

As for signings and re signings:

Signings-
Tamou-3 year deal
Wright-3 year deal-Mid season 2016

Re signings-
Tafua-3 year deal
Vave-2 year deal
Symonds-3 year deal
Starling-2 year deal
Lawrence-2 year deal
Leary-2 year deal
Lavaka-1 year deal
Pratt-2 year deal

I'd also expect a lot more depth signings throughout the year as well but we are looking good

2017 side
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Koroisau(gk)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Tamou
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence/Knight/Walker
17.Vave

Backups:
Fullback-
Wing-Wright/Parker/Lavaka
Centre-Ramien
Halves-John/Hynes/Wright
Hooker-Godinet/Pratt
Prop-Knight/Starling/Meehan
Second row-Buhrer/Walker/Bainbridge
Lock-Leary/Cox

Bit like you mate 2016 is a building year and 2017 is here we have a real shot. For me we have to re sign Tafua, Symonds. They are great workhorses and integral part of our team. Sure Jorge has his problems ATM but IMO he has pretty tough job in defence with skivvi stupidly rushing out of the line most of the time it's skivvi letting in those tries. Symonds is going great ATM and when DCE gets back we will get to see tommys attacking side as he has a great combo with DCE. Koroisau should go to 5/8, he has been our best player this year IMO and his defence isn't an issue and his attack is awesome. If api doesn't work out I wouldn't mind throwing cash at Blake green either. And don't forget Tom wright just yet, he will play next week I here and will be playing fullback possibly if Hynes doesn't want to move out of the halves to fullback. Replacing Lyon isn't hard with and international centre like Dylan walker already here and he will play a bit like Jamie after learning some 5/8 skills this year. Fonua-Blake is a must off the bench same with vave who should be re signed also. Captains will be Chez and IMO should be Jake also. Goal kicking, we have a couple of options. If api gets the 5/8 spot he is a very handy goal kicker and will be goal kicker. Walker can kick also and so can chez but he may need a training course from a goal kicker. We are also going to need another big name prop (hopefully Tamou) but I can't really seeing us spend to big this year, we will probably sign Tamou and some depth players maybe a 5/8 but nothing drastic like 2016. I think our young guns coming through are some of the best in the NRL. We have young backs like...

Brad Parker
Tom Wright
Jesse Ramien
Nicho Hynes
Cade Cust

And Then young forwards...

Johnnie Walker
Darcy Cox
Billy Bainbridge
Liam Knight
Fonua-Blake
Meehan

All these guys are under 22, how good is that. Our depth is looking great for the next couple of years. Johnnie walker is a gun by the way, he reminds me of Tyson Frizell. He runs great lines and will be knocking down the door for selection soon enough.

As for signings and re signings:

Signings-
Tamou-3 year deal
Wright-3 year deal-Mid season 2016

Re signings-
Tafua-3 year deal
Vave-2 year deal
Symonds-3 year deal
Starling-2 year deal
Lawrence-2 year deal
Leary-2 year deal
Lavaka-1 year deal
Pratt-2 year deal

I'd also expect a lot more depth signings throughout the year as well but we are looking good

2017 side
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Koroisau(gk)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Tamou
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence/Knight/Walker
17.Vave

Backups:
Fullback-
Wing-Wright/Parker/Lavaka
Centre-Ramien
Halves-John/Hynes/Wright
Hooker-Godinet/Pratt
Prop-Knight/Starling/Meehan
Second row-Buhrer/Walker/Bainbridge
Lock-Leary/Cox
Walker is no gun mate . Looks like he as abit about him in attack , but does seem to get himself out of position a lot and misses a lot of tackles a work in progress no gun .but early days for the rugby boy. And wright is signed until 2018 why would you talk about resigning him before you have seen him play?you don't mention dylan kelly or rhys Armstrong.

Walker is no gun mate . Looks like he as abit about him in attack , but does seem to get himself out of position a lot and misses a lot of tackles a work in progress no gun .but early days for the rugby boy. And wright is signed until 2018 why would you talk about resigning him before you have seen him play?you don't mention dylan kelly or rhys Armstrong.
Armstrong and Kelly haven't been impressive IMO. I'm talking about Matthew wright. Johnnie walker is defenitley a gun by the way no one is good in defence in the NYC

Armstrong and Kelly haven't been impressive IMO. I'm talking about Matthew wright. Johnnie walker is defenitley a gun by the way no one is good in defence in the NYC
Why is he a gun?only played 3 games. I also think Bainbridge is very good in defence and cox. Did you watch kelly v Mounties last week? I thought he was very good

Imo really poor decsission to let Hiku go.
Still young, can play wing, centre, fullback and five eight.
Thought he was the logical replacement for Lyon or Matai.

Imo really poor decsission to let Hiku go.
Still young, can play wing, centre, fullback and five eight.
Thought he was the logical replacement for Lyon or Matai.
Who would you rather at 5/8 hiku or walker? It was an excellent descion to sign walker much better option then hiku. Going forward walker will be a better centre. He isn't playing to his potential ATM coz he is playing 5/8. Long term Walker is going to be a much better player

Who would you rather at 5/8 hiku or walker? It was an excellent descion to sign walker much better option then hiku. Going forward walker will be a better centre. He isn't playing to his potential ATM coz he is playing 5/8. Long term Walker is going to be a much better player

I think Walker and Hiku could have been Manly's centre's post Lyon and Matai. Just my opinion.

This season is a setup for Brisbane to win. We need to concentrate on 2017 and hope the TV networks give every team an equal opportunity to win.

Yes and hopefully no 5 day turnarounds

Apparently the NRL will get rid of Monday night football next year so no 5 day turn arounds. Probably many 6 day turn arounds and Bonco's continue to only get seven day turn arounds. It at least gives us a chance unlike this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the legend killer retiring at the end of the year! Who replaces him? Dylan walker to centre and Cody walker to 5/8? Leaves us with a fair chunk of salary cap. I have attached players off contract for next year

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    63 KB · Views: 10
  • image.png
    image.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 9
With the legend killer retiring at the end of the year! Who replaces him? Dylan walker to centre and Cody walker to 5/8? Leaves us with a fair chunk of salary cap. I have attached players off contract for next year
Dylan Walker to centre, Api to 5/8 for mine. Parcell is an 80min hooker and Api is not at his best as a hooker.

I wouldn't mind manly chasing jack de belin and Ben barber. Barber to replace snake in 2018 and debelin is just a solid forward and a good leader

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2