Open Letter To Matt Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually I have only noticed myself sticking up for him. After coming to my senses that he shouldn't be in PL after one bad game.

And I wouldn't consider myself as driving daggers in Monaghan's back, unless you consider the clubs contracted players turning their back on the maroon and white acceptable.

Other than that even I am happy with the way he's playing.

Wow, I should say that Ox had a spectacular game. lead from the front and single-handedly got us that victory. Been doing it for three games straight. Certainty for SOO 'cos everyone else is worse than he is. C'mon, even he doesn't believe that!

Your going way overboard MB.

I never said he had a spectacular game or a good game for that matter but I don't see how one bad game can then cause someone to draw comparisons to the above mentioned players.

What was the point you were trying to prove?

He has had 3 mediocre games in a row now, this was the worst.

You seem to think most want him in PL when from what ive read most want him to pull his finger out and if in a month or so he is still playing like this then some has suggested a stint in reggies to give him a kick up the arse. When you have good cover as we currently have the luxury of having then this is a viable option down the track if things dont improve.

[quote author=ManlyBacker]
Wow, I should say that Ox had a spectacular game. lead from the front and single-handedly got us that victory. Been doing it for three games straight. Certainty for SOO 'cos everyone else is worse than he is. C'mon, even he doesn't believe that!

Your going way overboard MB.

I never said he had a spectacular game or a good game for that matter but I don't see how one bad game can then cause someone to draw comparisons to the above mentioned players.

What was the point you were trying to prove?
[/quote]
The point is that he was ordinary. In many big games he has been ordinary. I don't have anything against him as he plays for Manly but it doesn't mean i wear blinkers either. Any attempt to make a lobster roll out of a **** sambo is crazy.

I posted earlier that I am putting that game down to not having recovered from injury. However, as the resident messiah who must be defended, who is apparently our best halfback, who is on 500k and supposed to be providing far more value for money than other named player(s), I am still waiting for consistent delivery.

That's it. He will do me - but I won't be defending him when the benchmark should be to consider him alongside previous greats of the game and how he stacks up to them.

Orford won us about five games last year - and I am happy to give him some time to play himself into form.

Fair dinkum if some people would rather have Monas as half??? Time to head to North Head if that is the case????

What seems to be allways be forgotten in the Orford v Monas debate is the quality of the players each have had to work with

Orford has had class centres, quality wingers and a matured Brett Stewart to help him out where when MM was being slammed he had far less quality around him.

Given similar cattle to play with this year their performances are on par with perhaps Monas in front mainly because Ox is not fully fit at the moment.

That said I would have a fully fit Orford over Monas because of his superior kicking and running game, but I do think Monas has performed admirably in all the positions he has been asked to play this year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6