Onward and Upward!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
At the end of the day, we have a new era dawning and one closing. I am sure Des and the boys want to tick that "back to back" box before he leaves for a new challenge! I personally look forward to 2012, winning the Premiership again!

Then we move to 2013 and beyond, what does that hold? I have no idea but one thing I do know is, it will be exciting to watch our new era under a new coach!!!

No need to wish Des "all the best" just yet, just get us "back to back"!!!!

2011 - Mission Complete

2012+ - GO MANLY

Earnie the Eagle said:
Manly dont have problems, only solutions. How many sleeps till 2012 season starts?

zack-ryder.jpg

anthonyb1965 said:
At the end of the day, we have a new era dawning and one closing. I am sure Des and the boys want to tick that "back to back" box before he leaves for a new challenge! I personally look forward to 2012, winning the Premiership again!

I agree, lets win next year and worry about the future after that. This is an ideal opportunity for Toovey (if he is the anointed one) to gradually take over the reins while we go back to back. If we bring in someone from outside, again, a handover can be planned and enacted with as little fall-out as possible.
And if we lose some players, well, that would have happened with or without Hasler given the salary cap.
We can win in 2012.

Tooves was the most hated Player by the Referees - so he is a shoe in for being the new Manly Coach - has a dominant 'irritant' gene :p

Bring It On in 2012 and Forever!

We have a good structure & culture at Manly no matter what and we will succeed ...

We have won premierships in:
1970’s
1980’s
1990’s
2000’s
2010’s

and totally agree we need to get Cliffy Lyons into our coaching structure – that’s a must!

Good positive thread. It's been a tough few days but we're the PREMIERS & these issues will pass.

Hasler was untried when he came in & Toovey is also but both demand success!

Particularly like the line of thought "Manly don't have problems, only solutions!"

Well said...

Manly has always reminded me of the Hydra in Greek mythology. Every time someone tried to cut it's head off it just grew two heads in it's place. We are a club well versed in overcoming obstacles

Great post Anthony!!

It's about time all the doomsayers in here remembered the proud history of the club. The board and coaches have come and gone over that time, and yet we still have more 200+ players than any other club, and have been successful with Grand Finals for consecutive decades.
My daughter watched me reading these forums getting glummer and gloomier after the euphoria of being in Sydney last few weeks watching our great club sweep everyone before it.
So she popped down to Bilo, and bought me my 2011 Premiership DVD for $28. Nothing like a pickmeup in the form of watching Manly Premiership success!!
Bulldoggies can only dream, and try to buy premierships.

Good to see a positive thread.

Yea, chin up Manly Warringah Sea Eagles supporters, plenty of player & coach movements happen over the NRL seasons.

I have thoroughly enjoyed celebrating the 2011 Maroon & White Champions win, as I also hugely enjoyed our epic 2008 40-Nil win.

Never the spoon, lots of adversity, top finals appearance rate in each decade since inception, some absolutely sublime on-field performances when our boys fire on all cylinders.. Maroon & White pride!

Nice work thinking positive Anthony.
Yesterday afternoon I was about to put up my 2011 premiers poster from Big League when I went on the net and saw the Hasler story. The poster never went up and I began obssesively trolling the net and the silvertails forum in shock and disbelief.
I still can't believe Des is going but I've decided I've done enough wallowing and it's time to enjoy what Manly has achieved this year and will continue to achieve in the future.
The Manly Sea Eagles 2011 premiers poster is now on the wall next to the telegraph frontpage photo stating 'Greatest ever' after 2008.
No more moping and on with the job of being a positive supporter of the greatest team in the world.

niccipops said:
Nice work thinking positive Anthony.
Yesterday afternoon I was about to put up my 2011 premiers poster from Big League when I went on the net and saw the Hasler story. The poster never went up and I began obssesively trolling the net and the silvertails forum in shock and disbelief.
I still can't believe Des is going but I've decided I've done enough wallowing and it's time to enjoy what Manly has achieved this year and will continue to achieve in the future.
The Manly Sea Eagles 2011 premiers poster is now on the wall next to the telegraph frontpage photo stating 'Greatest ever' after 2008.
No more moping and on with the job of being a positive supporter of the greatest team in the world.
Nicci, I have the same at work. Above my workstation is the 'Greatest Ever' front page from the DT back in 2008, and gloriously beside that one the latest DT front page for 2011. Out the front of my section on either side of the entrance is The Australian poster, and on the other side the merchandise store premiers poster.
Just basking in the reflected glory of being the Premiers again. WOOT!

trevnev said:
Manly has always reminded me of the Hydra in Greek mythology. Every time someone tried to cut it's head off it just grew two heads in it's place. We are a club well versed in overcoming obstacles
And then there was Cerebus who had three heads, but unfortunately he was a Dog.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6