Only One Day game all year!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Whats wrong with the nrl? We have been completely stitched up this year with the draw!

Not only have we got the most 5 day turn around's we only play ONE day game all f$$ken year!

Was just going through our draw, we have plenty on monday night and sat night games, we have a few interstate trips back to back to back! It's completely f$$ked!

You get Brisbane playing every second week on a friday night at the best nrl stadium in australia in front of 40 thousand with biased refs, parra have a dream run of only 1 5 day turn a round and hardly any interstate travel. teams like sharks, tigers, newcastle and penrith have a stack of day games (where you typically play your best, mistake free footy)

Manly have One day game. Would like to see how our attack goes in a day game at home on a sunday afternoon at brookie with 7 days rest - won't happen this year though.

We have been trying really hard, but have made so many silly handling errors in the wet slippery surface which is disappointing with so many leading to tries. Also some tired last 20 mins after so many short turn around's and some injuries.

Manly's bosses only asked NRL for one thing this year, more Sunday afternoon games and less Monday night games. We got the complete opposite. No wonder our attack isn't firing with short turn around's, no time to train, injuries, playing on wet surfaces, etc etc

image.jpeg
The last few rds haven't been released. bet we get monday and sat night games though.

they cannot possibly give us any more 5 day turn around though. shurley not

Just watching the Tigers Leicchardt.

How good does the ground look and the atmosphere is great ? Parents can take their kids to the footy and get them home before it gets too cold.

The fact we got 14,500 there on Thursday night has just been glossed over by the media. They just want to sink the boot in when the crowd is poor.

We just need our fair share of day games.

Just watching the Tigers Leicchardt.

How good does the ground look and the atmosphere is great ? Parents can take their kids to the footy and get them home before it gets too cold.

The fact we got 14,500 there on Thursday night has just been glossed over by the media. They just want to sink the boot in when the crowd is poor.

We just need our fair share of day games.
Can't remember the last time i have been to a sunday game. Fu@king sucks.

Keeping in mind players had a labouring job all week and then played in a brutal confrontation on the weekend. These days they want to be treated like precious princesses. Give me a break, in the 70's they would've killed for a 5 day break.

With only 1 day game it makes it extremely hard to attract kids to the club. We all grew up going to games on a Sunday arvo sitting in the family hill and having an awesome time. Not anymore. Kids don't want to watch games on TV. And kids are the life-blood of the club. Without them there won't be many supporters in the years to come.

With only 1 day game it makes it extremely hard to attract kids to the club. We all grew up going to games on a Sunday arvo sitting in the family hill and having an awesome time. Not anymore. Kids don't want to watch games on TV. And kids are the life-blood of the club. Without them there won't be many supporters in the years to come.
Good point!
Just another part of the NRL strategy to strangle Manly into oblivion and then use the license for an expansion team. SHAME

Their only reducing the 5day turnarounds by 25% in 2017.So expect more of the same.Or even worse...no day games! Sunday June 12th should be packed.

You know I totally get your point and it's valid, but...

it's time we start winning in spite of everything that goes against us...

I keep finding excuses every week as to why we haven't won; injuries, combinations, turnarounds, desperate opposition, quality opposition, etc.

But really, it's just time that we started winning consistently if we are serious about climbing this ladder. The time for excuses is over. Even if we have players out, or the attack isn't quite clicking, we need to be good enough to scrape out wins or we are just going to be an "also-ran" again this year.

Dont worry about it too much just yet @Snake

After the Newcastle game this week we then play the top 3 sides

Cows (home at Suncorp)
Broncos (away)
Sharks (away)
then a nasty Friday night in cold Canberra.

2 wins from those next 5 will be a good effort, 3 will be awesome, anything else will be a miracle.

Remember back a few years when we only got day games, the commentators and media claimed we couldn't win night games as we didn't know how to any more. Oh how things have changed

You know I totally get your point and it's valid, but...

it's time we start winning in spite of everything that goes against us...

I keep finding excuses every week as to why we haven't won; injuries, combinations, turnarounds, desperate opposition, quality opposition, etc.

But really, it's just time that we started winning consistently if we are serious about climbing this ladder. The time for excuses is over. Even if we have players out, or the attack isn't quite clicking, we need to be good enough to scrape out wins or we are just going to be an "also-ran" again this year.

This! I cannot agree with this more. I was discussing Manly with my Dad the other day and we both agree that only a couple years ago we were confident Manly could beat anyone week to week. Now, we just feel like Manly could be rolled by everyone. We need the boys to start standing up and winning inspite of everything. Not losing because of (insert excuse here).

Dont worry about it too much just yet @Snake

After the Newcastle game this week we then play the top 3 sides

Cows (home at Suncorp)
Broncos (away)
Sharks (away)
then a nasty Friday night in cold Canberra.

2 wins from those next 5 will be a good effort, 3 will be awesome, anything else will be a miracle.
I thought a few weeks ago that if we're 7 from 14 we will be sitting ok for a charge. So 2 from our next 5 at worst will having us sitting pretty good for the 7 wins from 14 games . 14 points should have us on the edge of the 8 if not in it just the way results have been working out . Im thinking no one will be undefeated which is correct and the possibility of losing say another 2 , broncs , cows etc . So realistically the leader might be on 22 points looking over there shoulder at manly, making a charge being in striking distance.

I thought a few weeks ago that if we're 7 from 14 we will be sitting ok for a charge. So 2 from our next 5 at worst will having us sitting pretty good for the 7 wins from 14 games . 14 points should have us on the edge of the 8 if not in it just the way results have been working out . Im thinking no one will be undefeated which is correct and the possibility of losing say another 2 , broncs , cows etc . So realistically the leader might be on 22 points looking over there shoulder at manly, making a charge being in striking distance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4