only fit players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you can live in disney land clit if you like.if you think playing fit players as opposed to blokes hobbling on one leg is crazy then i want some of the stuff all you guys seem to be smoking.

a team of crocks could not beat the bulldogs with nothing to play for at home and these very same crocks are going to rise from the ashes and beat saints at home. read my post.it is simple.if they are fit play them,if they are passengers don't.real revolutionary stuff that.

For the life of me I cannot see the point at this stage of the season in playing players who are unfit....if we were 1st, and then the week off was going to give them the breathing space to recover then fine, play through the pain, otherwise we have nothing to lose to play some newbies and let them have their heads..."just go out there and have some fun" I'd say, and you never know what might happen. Run out Choc (on crutches), Foran (busted shoulder) etc etc and it will be an embarrassment. It's no embarrassment if we run out a patched up side and they get beaten, there's no expectations if they do and the experience will be great for those players in the years to come.

If they pass a fitness test they will play. Doctors will check the players and determine if they are fit or not. That's how it is every week this week will be no different. I am disappointed that people here are giving up on us. We will field 17 players who know how to play the game and will be determined to win no matter what. **** St George who are they but 17 footballers also.The Manly boys wont give up so why are we. I am proud to be part of the Sea Eagles and proud to see us run out for another finals series. Give them hell Manly and show us all that the experts, the doubters, the knockers, the Manly haters and the odds makers can all go and **** themselves. We are Manly and we are proud of it. GO SEA EAGLES

I get the idea of blooding youngsters and resting injured players, but surely this is the worst game of the season to do it.  Injured players have the whole off-season to recover, and youngsters will only be mentally scarred by their first game in the 1's being a 60 point flogging by minor premiers playing a toyota cup side. 

Just play anyone who is fit enough not to be a liability.  Sure, we're not likely to win, but you don't go conceding matches, always put the best team on the park that you can. 

Wow Susan you are setting yourself up for alot of egg on your face if we do somehow win. That said i agree that we should get our young guns out on the field and give them a taste of a high pressure game, with their enthusiasm they may even pull a rabbit of of the hat. I don't see our regular 17 causing an upset as they have not shown any real urgency all year bar a few players.

Im just being a realist.I have followed the eagles through thick and thin for 38 years.They are not healthy enough nor good enough to win with the side that will run out.

They will be well beaten on Sunday simpy because no side in the comp could do what is required with the injuries/suspensions we have.It isnt rocket science and the true supporter stuff is garbage.

Im not aplogising for my view.I hope they win every time they go around.It just wont happen Sunday and I will be as disappointed with the seaon finishing this way as any manly fan because with a full squad we would have been in it with a huge chance.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
For the life of me I cannot see the point at this stage of the season in playing players who are unfit....if we were 1st, and then the week off was going to give them the breathing space to recover then fine, play through the pain, otherwise we have nothing to lose to play some newbies and let them have their heads...\"just go out there and have some fun\" I'd say, and you never know what might happen. Run out Choc (on crutches), Foran (busted shoulder) etc etc and it will be an embarrassment. It's no embarrassment if we run out a patched up side and they get beaten, there's no expectations if they do and the experience will be great for those players in the years to come.

Agreed

mickqld link said:
If they pass a fitness test they will play. Doctors will check the players and determine if they are fit or not. That's how it is every week this week will be no different. I am disappointed that people here are giving up on us. We will field 17 players who know how to play the game and will be determined to win no matter what. f**k St George who are they but 17 footballers also.The Manly boys wont give up so why are we. I am proud to be part of the Sea Eagles and proud to see us run out for another finals series. Give them hell Manly and show us all that the experts, the doubters, the knockers, the Manly haters and the odds makers can all go and f**k themselves. We are Manly and we are proud of it. GO SEA EAGLES
Yes, and applause from me. Is that really you?

susan link said:
you can live in disney land clit if you like.if you think playing fit players as opposed to blokes hobbling on one leg is crazy then i want some of the stuff all you guys seem to be smoking.

a team of crocks could not beat the bulldogs with nothing to play for at home and these very same crocks are going to rise from the ashes and beat saints at home. read my post.it is simple.if they are fit play them,if they are passengers don't.real revolutionary stuff that.

Susan, your original post is the worst sort of crap I've seen posted anywhere.  Your entire argument defeats the point of competing in a professional sport.  With your mentality I am sure we would finish dead last every year.

These blokes are professionals who have gotten where they are by not laying down.  I am sure the boys are going into this game to win and not with the  defeatist attitude you are espousing.  

Those that are injured would be cracking their necks to play; those that are suspended would regret that they can't play.

Again, I'm glad you're not coaching.

abnc link said:
Wow, no chance hey... i have seen stranger things happen. And we all know St Chokes history. While our chance of winning is slim we still have a chance, don't worry about that.

Manly is the Steven Bradbury (Winter Olympics 2002) of the NRL in 2010 !

We dont have to be the Best, just turn up and do what we know how to do - then Karma steps in :)

This weekend reminds me of the Rudyard Kipling poem 'If'
      If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
      To serve your turn long after they are gone,
      And so hold on when there is nothing in you
      Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
      With sixty seconds' worth of distance run

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
      And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Go Manly!

thanks kindly for you praise clit commander.your moniker itself requires that i ignore your pious rubbish.

After reading this post we might as well not even bother turning up at Kogarah on Sunday and should probably go for a swim instead or play putt putt golf.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6