only fit players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i certianly hope for many experts sake the saints do choke because they are now $2.50 to win comp.

being a desperate punter i took $5 only a few weeks back because i reckon they are a mile ahead of everyone else and still do.

obviously on my own on this site but we will see.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185150.msg291757#msg291757 date=1283826005]
In that run only.

What i am saying is that before that Bradbury was considered in the top 3 if not the best speed skater at the time.

Going into the actual event he was a massive massive chance to win it anyway.

That is the difference. He was at the time one of the best and going well, going into the match he was rated likely to win.

That is completely different from our chances in this match

Dan, quote from wikipedia,

"After consulting the national coach Ann Zhang, Bradbury's strategy from the semi-final onwards was to cruise behind his opponents and hope that they crashed, as he realised that he was slower and could not match their raw pace".

[/quote]

Here is another,

"The unlikely win turned Bradbury into something of a folk hero. Many newspapers hailed Bradbury for his unlikely win and used it as an example of the value of an underdog never giving up, regardless of the odds against them".

susan link said:
i certianly hope for many experts sake the saints do choke because they are now $2.50 to win comp.

being a desperate punter i took $5 only a few weeks back because i reckon they are a mile ahead of everyone else and still do.

obviously on my own on this site but we will see.

Nice punting.

I'm not fan of just giving up and throwing the towel in, and I suspect neither are the players. They play all year for the chance of playing finals football and I'd be disappointed if they weren't gagging at the opportunity to give it a crack. Sure we are probably double figure odds in a two horse race, but I'd be embarrassed if we just gave up before the whistle and named a second string side with an eye to next year. That's not what Manly are about. We are playing wounded but let's give it a crack at least, who knows we might even be able to take out a few Saints players (legitimately of course).

BTW Dan, Bradbury was past his prime by the time Salt Lake City Olympics had come around, and by his own admission he was just making up the numbers.

MPC...you are trusting Wikipedia as your source....oh dear

Have a look at his actual career matey!

Dan link said:

Isn't it common knowledge that he was an underdog. We can debate this all we like, the message is still the same, never give up. You will find most successfull people have had there backs against the wall at some stage of their life. 

susan link said:
i am only talking about blokes who are seriously wounded.if they are 95% fit like many players this time of year fine.

has it not occurred to anyone that we could not win a must win game at home against the 13th placed side.

Sue while I agree with your not playing seriously injured players you need to take into account the Dogs almost beat the Panthers last week after leading by a fair margin.

Moore said that they had played a lot better in the last few rounds than they had all season which means we were probably not as bad as we seemed.

Anyway I plan on having a stubbie for every point St George score so if worse comes to worse I won't remember much of the game anyway :)

im not talking about giving up.no one will do that.i just think fit players are just as good a  hope of competing rather than ones on one leg.if they are close to fitness play them by all means.if they are passengers dont risk it.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185150.msg291790#msg291790 date=1283829486]

Isn't it common knowledge that he was an underdog. We can debate this all we like, the message is still the same, never give up. You will find most successfull people have had there backs against the wall at some stage of their life.  
[/quote]

no it isnt at all.

if it weren't for injuries early in his career he would have won gold several times. He was an excellent skater. He started horribly in that race, and was lucky after how he went. But he was a very good skater with massive potential.

The parallel between him and our teams chances this week bare no comparison

Dan link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=185150.msg291794#msg291794 date=1283829839]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185150.msg291790#msg291790 date=1283829486]

[/quote]

Ok, this one is from Steven's own website,

"The Bradbury story is one of the true Aussie battler who overcomes much adversity to achieve the ultimate goal". Check it out stevenbradbury.com

Fro link said:
Summer is coming Dan, better get the fake tan out then

I kept it going all summer, I am good to go

susan link said:
there is no way that des should consider players who are not fully fit this weekend.we have just lost foran with a bad shoulder injury.he has not been 100% for a lot of the season.half the side has been playing wounded for many weeks with many unable to train properly.

we will not win this game.we all know that.all the talk about some freak win is absolute rubbish.it would be foolish to risk choc,lyon and co doing some serious damage in a game we can't win.there is every chance we get some more serious injuries in this semi when the intensity skyrockets.saints will be looking for vengeance after last years exit.we need a full healthy offseason.

des should pick healthy players including hoppa and oldfield out wide and have a look at them in a pressure cooker game.if lyon,kite,king and choc are not right then rest them.it is all about planning for next year now.

one thing i would do is tell porky to run till he drops.he needs to know what is required to be a firstgrader.a player of his immense talent rolling around like John f...ing Candy is pathetic.

Jeez, I am glad you are not coaching. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8