only 15,000 manly supporters in Warringah

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Completely explains the crowds and maybe Kirsch is right.

42,000 voted for no funding for brookie compared to just 15,000 to have a chance at upgrading our ground.

SFS here we come

What are you on about? you're seriously not suggesting people based their vote on funding for Brookvale oval?

I seriously hope they did.

The first thing i wanted to know last night was the score in the footy (being at work), anyone else is not a true supporter.

Fluffy sometimes you are a tool.
The world is a big place and far more important things than footy happen in it

abbot pledged ten mill for brookvale, so what are u on about , warringah voters are not going to ever elect labor, there not stupid! Who wants to be run by union tossers? Not me

EagleEyes link said:
abbot pledged ten mill for brookvale, so what are u on about , warringah voters are not going to ever elect labor, there not stupid! Who wants to be run by union tossers? Not me

Judging by your spelling and grammar, I'd say you're stupid.

Fluffy link said:

42,000 voted for no funding for brookie compared to just 15,000 to have a chance at upgrading our ground.

SFS here we come

So how much is Gillard giving us?

Are any of those independents Manly fans?

Abbott has been in there for a long time and given sweet **** all, out of 900 million we got just 1 million.

A leopard does not change its stripes

Fluffy link said:
Abbott has been in there for a long time and given sweet **** all, out of 900 million we got just 1 million.

A leopard does not change its stripes
Or spots !

Fluffy link said:

SFS here we come

A stupid statement. Footy is NOT a main issue in these elections. I myself voted Labor, and I'm a season ticket holder who is very passionate about this club. I know several other Manly fans who voted the same way, or didn't vote Liberal. And surely people would have remembered that Abbott never lives up to his promises, especially in relation to Brookvale anyway?

The problem is that people here are too conservative, mabye when my Generation Y becomes the majority voters, things might change around here, because I know a lot of people my age who either don't care about voting, or who think Abbott's an idiot, or who think both major parties are losers and prefer to vote for the Sex or Shooters party.

In a Liberal dominated area, our best chance is for a Liberal run federal government to be in place for an improvement in infrastructure (including Brooky yes), but also improving traffic congestion, hospitals, schools, and very importantly on the Northern Beaches - traffic congestion (especially considerring our upgrade from low to medium density population control).

If Abbot gets in, that would be $20,000,000 invested all up in Brooky:-
6 mill (provided by State Labor govt in 2008)
4 mill (provided by Local Council - Warringah in 2008)
10 mill (provided by Federal govt in 2010 / 2011)

Add that to the Lighting towers of 1 million in 2006 (I think it was), and that's a cool 21,000,000 in the past 5 years.

We will never be a marginal seat Fluffy (not for probably 2 generations at a minimum.) Potentially your kids could vote Labor, and that's when it might change. Our area is an area with a lot of older, risk adverse residents, who's opinions will never change.

I saw it myself Fluffy working on the polling booths. There was a swing towards Bronwyn and Tony in this area. I thought with all the units going up we might see a change but we didn't. This area is Blue Ribbon or Independent. There is nothing you can change about that.

In addition, as said before, Tony said he would fund 10 million to Brookie so your argument is flawed. He also put 10 million up at the last election then the Government was changed so you can't hold this against him either.

Lastly, it didn't help when we had a PM that was a heavy Dragons supporter that only cared about the marginals while he was on the bench. We were lucky to get that 1 million. Now that we have a possible Prime Minister (and treasurer for that matter) that actually supports the Sea Eagles, we will get something.

Gillard won't give us squat as none of those Independents are Manly fans (from what I know anyways)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6