Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Sep 11, 2011.
... boo Gallop. I thought there would be more.
Yeah i bet the Storm don't get bad press on their crap crowd either.
Sold out finals game at the mcg meant they were never gonna get more than 15k.
Some melbourne only has what 200k people aye?
I find that hilarious
the rest of Melbourne population have access to televisions at home and in pubs that they would rather watch an afl semi final on rather than attend an nrl game.
Maybe they also knew what sort of game it would be. That was the dullest finals match in years.
Just saw Brad Walters from Sydney Morning Herald on Twitter slagging off Manly and the rorters for being so poorly supported.
What a load of crap
1. The game should have been played at Brookie
2. Game kicked off at 8:30 pm, bit late for some families
3. If we had played another Sydney team there is no story. Double the crowd at least
4. Average attendance this season for 11 home games, not including the Brisbane home game is 13, 751. In a season where it seemed to rain heavily most home games and when we played normally high attendance teams like Parra it was on a Monday night. This measures up with most teams
5. We play in a dilapidated stadium because our local council fail to support us in any way.
Don't forget the thousands watching that final on TV as well. It was Carlton vs Essendon, 2 Melbourne teams. Therefore, anyone that thought the ground would sell out must have been kidding themselves. In 2 weeks time Melbourne might be up against Carlton vs Geelong, or Collingwood vs Hawthorn, another failure from the NRL.
Separate names with a comma.