Online Police Scanners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Anyone listen to these?

I use to listen to the radio at work, but the hourly news updates made the day seem like it dragged on forever.

Anyway I borrowed a mates UHF radio for a while about 2 years ago and used to listen to the local police radio communications and it was very entertaining and just background noise for the day.

Anyway A lot of them are online and you can just stream the broadcast over your computer. It's pretty entertaining, dull at times but great when something goes down.

You can search for them here
http://radiotime.com/Search.aspx

Was looking for the christchurch one today but looks to be encrypted and not streamed, so listening to the redcliffe one at the moment and about to switch to Ipswich for some decent entertainment.

Dan

Yeah!!! I bought 1 a while ago and yes they can be entertaining.I could'nt stream my local area(Coffs/Clarence) but could get the Richmond/Tweed area.

Nthn do you listen to star fm down there? A good mate of mine Jordan is a DJ down there

Yeah listen to star Dan.They play some good tunes.Never really took any notice of names of the DJ's but will listen out for your mate..

Yea, We have an Android App called Scanner Radio on our smartphones that can access a big range of emergency services radio channels globally - every now and then I listen to our local Hunter Area NSW channel, and was sometimes tuning into some Southeast Queensland channels during thier floods etc.

Some interesting stuff!

Matabele link said:

mate there is a crackberry app I think. Try it out. When you are working all day at home by yourself on a computer, listening to police scanners is a good background distraction.

The radio is no good, music is ok but it really is good. Especially when something big is going down. Wish I could still get the Hervey Bay one, that was usually a constant mishmash of excitement

Yeah listen on my Iphone, living in the country I never go a day without hearing someones name I know.

I find it very amusing.

Just last week I was listening about a guy I know who was threatening to burn his parents house down around 8.30pm. When I drove past the house the next morning on my way to work the house was just a black
shell.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6