One thing to work on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
jjai said:
Matabele said:
Putting sides away! We should have disemboweled that mob, not win by 6.

i`d rather win by 6 then be run down after leading by nearly 20 with 20 to go, as what`s been the case last 2 seasons..
No kidding?
well then why do post..
we didnt lose ..
winning by 6 is better than nothing :p
if we end up beating canberra by only 6 i wont be whinging.. ;)

clontaago said:
Technical Coach said:
Even during 2007/2008 we struggled to put teams away more often than we should have(Qtr/Semi Final time 2008 our only consistent period)----its the main sticking point i have with Dessie that he has never been able to address due to bad attacking structures and habits.

Wait. So you think that peaking at Qtr/Semi/Grand Final time was some sort of fluke??

There is no point in towelling up teams during the year then crumbling come finals. Go follow the Roosters or Dragons if thats what appeals to you.

People over use or over coin the phrase "peaking" its not like you have some switch that you can turn on at the right time of year like a magic wand. Yes training can be intensified for 3-4 weeks with 6- 8 rounds remaining then tapered off for the final month to freshen for the semis but attacking structures and being clinical in execution should be exhibited a few times throughout the year by then.

Too many times Manly dominate periods of games and entire halves yet dont post many points. Frustration creeps in with added sideways movements lack of go forward then the ever so familiar slow the play the ball penalties and repeat sets bringing on fatigue and the "winning the grind" games.

Your fitness can be peaked and attitude but your skill set and attacking structures dont change just become sharper under fresh legs.

2008 was no fluke but a full squad with time to freshen at the back end of the season due to points in the bag was the main reason.

Manly raised the intensity beyond the levels other clubs could handle in that qtr final/ semi final period with fresh legs and increased play the ball speed combined with a fast moving forward defence. Increased 2nd phase play through the middle due to defensive lines going backwards resulted in a sharp clinical attack easily stretching the edges when required.

jjai said:
Matabele said:
jjai said:
Matabele said:
Putting sides away! We should have disemboweled that mob, not win by 6.

i`d rather win by 6 then be run down after leading by nearly 20 with 20 to go, as what`s been the case last 2 seasons..
No kidding?
well then why do post..
we didnt lose ..
winning by 6 is better than nothing :p
if we end up beating canberra by only 6 i wont be whinging.. ;)

If we win by 6, Mata may still whinge.

Fact is, if we have someone by the throat we may as well put them away. That ruthlessness has been the mark of all our premiership winning sides.

Full squad or near enough on a dry track 18-20minimum winning margin with tries on both edges(not including from kicks) some good second phase up the middle with the odd back trailing in support off a neat inside play. 3-4tries on the left 2-3passing tries on the right and 1-2 up the middle.
If Foran is playing i want to see him execute a few plays on the right side also and taking on the line up the middle. DCE to play a steady game giving early ball to his outside backs and a good kicking game nothing too flashy or overplaying his hand.

40-12 or 30-6 i will be happy with----its time to show glimpses of our potential----i'm not expecting this every week but every 3-4 games.

Technical Coach said:
clontaago said:
Technical Coach said:
Even during 2007/2008 we struggled to put teams away more often than we should have(Qtr/Semi Final time 2008 our only consistent period)----its the main sticking point i have with Dessie that he has never been able to address due to bad attacking structures and habits.

Wait. So you think that peaking at Qtr/Semi/Grand Final time was some sort of fluke??

There is no point in towelling up teams during the year then crumbling come finals. Go follow the Roosters or Dragons if thats what appeals to you.

People over use or over coin the phrase "peaking" its not like you have some switch that you can turn on at the right time of year like a magic wand. Yes training can be intensified for 3-4 weeks with 6- 8 rounds remaining then tapered off for the final month to freshen for the semis but attacking structures and being clinical in execution should be exhibited a few times throughout the year by then.

Too many times Manly dominate periods of games and entire halves yet dont post many points. Frustration creeps in with added sideways movements lack of go forward then the ever so familiar slow the play the ball penalties and repeat sets bringing on fatigue and the "winning the grind" games.

Your fitness can be peaked and attitude but your skill set and attacking structures dont change just become sharper under fresh legs.

2008 was no fluke but a full squad with time to freshen at the back end of the season due to points in the bag was the main reason.

Manly raised the intensity beyond the levels other clubs could handle in that qtr final/ semi final period with fresh legs and increased play the ball speed combined with a fast moving forward defence. Increased 2nd phase play through the middle due to defensive lines going backwards resulted in a sharp clinical attack easily stretching the edges when required.
I peaked last night it was an enjoyable experience for me and her

Conversely realising you have reached your peak is the worst feeling ever---never ever admit to it always remain in denial allowing you to focus on bettering the experience even if your no longer capable of doing so.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8