One that ryan didn't start!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

by putting "to" in that sentence maybe i'm the fool.can i join you fluffster-safety in numbers old boy!

[quote author=The Gronk]
Anasta and Barrett on 200k? Pull the other one! They are both rep players. You would have to imagine they would be amongst the highest paid players at their club, and if they were, the chooks and the dragons wouldn't even be within a bull's roar of filling the salary cap if this is what they were paying.
Yes 240k is a lot for Monas, but lets not pretend everyone else is running around for chicken feed!!

Yeah gronk, i already past off that post as bull****... i find it very hard to believe monaghan is on more than anasta and barrett!

[/quote]

No worries- prove that to me otherwise and give me the correct figure if you know so much ....whether they be getting a top up un beknowns the salary cap police I don't know...

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
[quote author=The Gronk]
Anasta and Barrett on 200k? Pull the other one! They are both rep players. You would have to imagine they would be amongst the highest paid players at their club, and if they were, the chooks and the dragons wouldn't even be within a bull's roar of filling the salary cap if this is what they were paying.
Yes 240k is a lot for Monas, but lets not pretend everyone else is running around for chicken feed!!

Yeah gronk, i already past off that post as bull****... i find it very hard to believe monaghan is on more than anasta and barrett!

[/quote]

No worries- prove that to me otherwise and give me the correct figure if you know so much ....whether they be getting a top up un beknowns the salary cap police I don't know...
[/quote]

I don't mean to harp but come on you two you were both quick bag those supopsed b/s figures (which are from a reliable source) so why don't you come up with some of your own to back your arguement up seeing as you know so much....I'm waiting!

It's not like I sign their payslips or anything, but as I said, we all know what the salary cap is, and if that is what Anasta and Barrett are on then I don't think their sides would be anywhere near filling the cap. We all know they are on or possibly over the cap, so any reasonable person would expect Barrett and Anasta to be on a lot more.

I am sure your source is reliable, but what I am talking about is just making a reasonable estimation.

Perhaps we are clouding our judgment by the need to further vilify Monas for being overpaid?

It's not like I sign their payslips or anything, but as I said, we all know what the salary cap is, and if that is what Anasta and Barrett are on then I don't think their sides would be anywhere near filling the cap. We all know they are on or possibly over the cap, so any reasonable person would expect Barrett and Anasta to be on a lot more.

I am sure your source is reliable, but what I am talking about is just making a reasonable estimation.

Perhaps we are clouding our judgment by the need to further vilify Monas for being overpaid?

Yeah it is a reliable source and yes I think Monas is way overpaid to the point it is ridiculous.
As far as vilifying him goes these are just facts...
True- there is no point on me going on about it, as there is nothing really that can be done about it.
I really hope he turns things around (for the sake of the club) but to have a bloke who has never really played much 5/8 before(and tends to run around in circles at times) on $240,000 is a joke and I will stand by that.
I won't bang on about this anymore as everyone is entitled to there opinion and in this case I will happily be proven wrong once the season is underway.
I only want the best for Manly and if we weren't paying this guy $240,000 a year (a fair chunk of the salary cap) I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2