One sad thing about tomorrow.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Well, apart from it being Beaver's last game for us.

It is also a shame that Dan can't be at the ground if and when the final whistle blows on a Manly Premiership.  He has good reasons for his non-attendance, but should I know I will miss sharing the moment with him and no doubt he'll be thinking of us.

Dan (Zaphod) birthed this site in some of the club's darkest days and over the past four days the alternateeagles/silvertails experience has been most central to reinvigorating my passion for Manly after the dark days of the merger.

And despite the various feuds and battles over the years, it has been an awful lot of fun to participate in a community of varied folk all united by one thing - a passionate desire to see Manly succeed.

Dan, thought I'd let you know you'll be missed.  I know you'll be with us in spirit and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the unseen work it takes to keep silvertails up and running. 

Cheers mate.

thanks mate. I really want to be there and wish i had the money to attend. Both Snow Eagle and i discussed it in the week and we wish we could be there but we will make the most of it.

I will catch up with you for the game at Suncorp next year and may even make it to a few brookie games.

I appreciate your kind words and I will be living through you all. If we win I hope someone manages to call me especially from the club so I can share somewhat in the atmosphere.

Enjoy it everyone who attends and cheer on the team for me

Dan

Sorry being new here  I don't know these things, are you from Queensland....if so are you on my mailing list????

[email protected]

I "try" and coordinate the QLD Seaeagles group, they are a hard bunch to get together but I do keep trying...we may have met, sorry if that's the case, I have met so many this last two years.

Didn't realise that you started this group, to be honest I didn;t even know this site existed until a few days ago when Vid said to me on the phone "I have posted the get together information over at Silvertails".....call me dumb, call be blindfoled but as I say didn;t even know this existed....was aware of the Eagle Rockers site but really don't get involved over there.

Real pity you can't make it down you are obvioulsy VERY committed to the club, if we have not met, hope we can some time.

I hope to met Matabele tomorrow, if he is near Vidmar there is a BIG chance this will happen

Mark

Dan has just moved up to Hervey Bay.  I have Vidmar's number and I'm aiming to get the clan to the overflow by around 3pm tomorrow for the festivities.

6 hours drive from Dubbo prior to that though.

No worries mine is 0438 465686 if you get lost....short drive from Dubbo...I used to do it from Moree for years, that one is 9 hours!!!

Luckily I fly these days!!!

Ah, the penny drops - Mark from Moree.  I remember quizzing your credentials on OEE.  You managed 100% on the Moree local quiz.   8)

Yes mate you and I have been "sparing" for years.....I was one of the very first posters on the OEE website, in fact used to post on the first Eagles website I ever found which was Bryan ????...the scientist guy (actually met him once)...that was back in the days when the Internet was VERY new.

I'd guess I have been doing this for 10 years maybe???

Yep that's me  the old Moree boy!!!

Now a Queenslander....well I might live here BUT I still support the Blues!!!

GO MANLY

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Dan

Sorry being new here  I don't know these things, are you from Queensland....if so are you on my mailing list????

[email protected]

I \"try\" and coordinate the QLD Seaeagles group, they are a hard bunch to get together but I do keep trying...we may have met, sorry if that's the case, I have met so many this last two years.

Didn't realise that you started this group, to be honest I didn;t even know this site existed until a few days ago when Vid said to me on the phone \"I have posted the get together information over at Silvertails\".....call me dumb, call be blindfoled but as I say didn;t even know this existed....was aware of the Eagle Rockers site but really don't get involved over there.

Real pity you can't make it down you are obvioulsy VERY committed to the club, if we have not met, hope we can some time.

I hope to met Matabele tomorrow, if he is near Vidmar there is a BIG chance this will happen

Mark

Thanks mate.

I moved up to Hervey bay in June and have made a few trips back, notably for the Titans game, but the grand final came at a bad time for us what with Rates having to be paid, a new fence to keep the dogs in and a few other bills that have me on about $1000 until the end of the month, but such is life.

Another from the site lives up here and we make a fair racket and have a good time watching the games at my place and we have another poster on his way up here early next year.

The site is more a Sum of it's members so Matabele flatters me more than anything by his words above, its both labour of passion keeping the site up anyway.

I hope to make some trips down next year again too, I had to sell my tickets to the Awards night that my fiance bought me for my birthday as well, because flights were just too expensive, would have loved to have said good bye to Beaver but such is life.

Hope to catch up with you soon and hope you become a regular visitor and poster here too mate.

Dan

Dan link said:
we have another poster on his way up here early next year.

That would be me ;D

I'm in the process of buying a house up there with a 30th of Jan settlement but may not make it up there until Easter due to work commitments.

Oh yeah Mark, I agree with Dan that we hope you become a regular visitor and poster here too. Also Mark, were you the guy in the suit at the Robina Titan's game handing out the QLD SEA EAGLES tickets with the www.qldseaeagles.com website info at the end of the game when everyone was leaving?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178658.msg199814#msg199814 date=1223126567]

That would be me ;D

I'm in the process of buying a house up there with a 30th of Jan settlement but may not make it up there until Easter due to work commitments.
[/quote]

SnowEagle and I will reserve a spot on the couch for you for Footy Season

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=178658.msg199818#msg199818 date=1223127281]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178658.msg199814#msg199814 date=1223126567]

That would be me ;D

[/quote]

SnowEagle and I will reserve a spot on the couch for you for Footy Season
[/quote]

Thanks Dan. Will see you then.

No Jethro not me in the suit, that was Aaron Markie who runs the MWSE website....I had enisted 3 or 4 guys to hand out those cards and he was one fof them...me wear a suit to a footy game....no way.

Thanks for the reminder re Bryan's website, that would have been 1995-1996...so 12 years ago.

Met Bryan at Moree airport one day, we used to converse by e-mail for quite a while, last I heard he was in the US.

Dan just make sure you e-mail me so you are on the QLD list!!!

GO MANLY

I'll be holidaying on the Sunshine Coast when the Manly vs Broncos game is on at Suncorp next year (again)

Here's a bit of a roll call of silvertail regulars who have had an awful lot to do with the site development over the years that can't make the game but will be with us in spirit:

Byso on the Gold Coast
PJ in the DJ booth
Doug (Clontago) in the evil city itself
Dan at Hervey Bay
Ryan - indulging his persecution complex.
Fro???  Do you want me to pick you up on the way thru Bafurst?

Matabele link said:
I'll be holidaying on the Sunshine Coast when the Manly vs Broncos game is on at Suncorp next year (again)

you going to make the extra drive up here to the bay?

Matabele link said:
And who can forget Gronk stuck in the land of the gauche.

Wearing the maroon and white today - there is college football on here today, so I got a few confused looks as I was wearing a football jersey that didn't match either of the teams.  I would explain to the yanks we play a different type of football in Australia, but I didn't have a spare five hours to do so. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6