1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One positive from the night

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The Silvertails twitter feed is working well.  Well done Concerned Supporter.

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I found another positive, we didnt lose the second half

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    .. really  i havent been paying attention .. the 18 point half time deficiet  has something to do with it

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Doesnt suprise me

5. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Another positive - the trip home was a lot faster than the trip there.

Also the trip home to the northern beaches.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ..lol..

7. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Cheers Mata - glad it all made sense. I have to say it was very hard not to type exactly what I was screaming at the computer into the tweets. Figured I had to keep it clean :)
    LOL got a bit worried when I couldn't get the video feed back up after half time though.

8. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Bit of a mute point if we're getting flogged!Embarrassing!And having to put up with those bloody gloating Pamfa fans!!!!!

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Look, I was out there and realistically, from the get go, we were not going to win that thing.  Penriff were red hot and up for a win.  However we didn't throw in the towel, get flogged by 60, and we won the second half, something we've struggled to do all season.  We lost, sure but it could have been a lot closer if Tony had of banged over the goal, and them not getting in the way of our poor pass and scoring from the intercept.  We didn't play well enough, and ran into a vgood team on their night.  But we didn't get flogged and that must be remembered.  I've been to PP and there have been floggings.  Last night I wasn't despondent. 

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 72
    your saying 40 to 22 isn't a flogging?

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Another positive is that our dropouts are still going 40 or 50m on the fly. ;)

12. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    yep - true, would be nice if there weren't as many of them though.

:)

13. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    First time I have ever seen supporters regard conceeding 40 points as not a flogging especially Manly supporters. Get real people we are dreadful and there is more of that crap to come.

14. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    The only positive is we can't get much worse lol. We know that with Killer in the team we can compete with the best but we do need to improve in a few areas to be any chance of a top 8 finish.

15. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    I agree mickqland
    we are in a major hole
    and there's not a lot of light in the tunnel either

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The 'real' facts are this "dreadful" side are still in the top half of the comp. I know where plenty more crap will be coming from though

17. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    We scored 18 points in the second points in the second half.

Positives for tonight are I have a carton of beer and I'm not sharing :p

18. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I'm on to my 8th bourbon.
    Started drinking just prior to the Eels game. Dinner soon and then more bourbon.

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Wheel, there were 18 points between us on Saturday night.  I've been to Penrith Park when Penrith have put 70 on us.  That's a flogging.  I've been following the Sea Eagles since the 60s and been to most of their matches, and no, Saturday night was no flogging.  We were outclassed sure enough, and well beaten, but not disgraced.  As I said if Tony had of banged over the goal then we would have been 24 - 30, and not conceded the intercept, just one converted try away from leveling.  It wasn't all as bad as a lot of the newbies think.  I'm quite critical of the team on occasions as you know, but on Saturday night it wasn't all terrible.  The pack needs to man up, Choc to stay of the grog and get Lyon back to stiffen up the centres.     

20. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    On a negative note, I'm now out of bourbon.....burp.