One of Fattys comments during calling of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Fatty was asked by one of the other guys gould or rabbs ,cant remember,but the question was along the lines of-What do you put it down to the fact that manly are finishing alot stronger this year in games and not fizzling out in the last 20-30 minutes like last year?
His response was along the lines of,"they have stopped concentrating so much on heavy weight lifting work (in the gym) and and are concentrating more on a stamina type fitness regime"-well something along those lines.
Well the coaching staff seem to have got something right in this respect because our second half performances this year have been a highlight of our game...................Hmmmmm.

Yep i was quite interested in that, i thought it was a mental problem but it turns out if may have been physical. Good work by the coaching staff!!

Last year we had individual training agendas, each player had their own record and own set of stuff. All very scientific.
This yeah we brought back Donny Singe and good old fashioned resistance and sand dunes. IMO thereof no better fitness regime than flogging the guts out of the boys for hours on the dunes.

In any sport, fitness is wins games, it's no good having all the skills if you can't use them for 80mins

Fatty`s a crap commentator though he might have a few comments & one liners through out the game, he doesnt actually add anything to the commentary team, when i 1st heard his voice last night, i thought noooooooo.. i didnt think Gus was in the commentary, i like to hear what Gus has to say , during our games, he has good insight..

yeah i heard that remark by fatty also..

what about the raps for Foran, from Wally .. ;) i`m glad we have him :D

Agree Vautin has strayed from the flock in recent years but you could argue to some extent he was treated a little harshly at times in the past. He was a warrior for the club in his day & I would love it if the old Manly biased Fatty was back in the fold 100 %.

I thought fatty was quite good last night in commentary. He is best when he just adds a bit of fun and doesn't try to be too serious.

I thought he did a great interview with Meninga before the SOO1 kick-off. Note nothing along those lines was offered by Sticky. I'm sure I'll forgive him for his wrong call on Snake - welcome back Fatty.

No love for Vautin here either.

Must admit I am glad his health has returned after that accident on The Footy show a couple of years ago. It really rocked him for quiet some time.

He's never been off our bandwagon. Des is one of his best mates ffs. You guys hate it when a commentator speaks with bias for their club and want them to be honest but Fatty isn't allowed to say anything bad about the club? If thats the standard you guys want to be upheld then thats fine but your being a hypocrite if you've ever bagged the club on this forum then.

If Fatty admitted his call on Gallop being 100% correct in his treatment of Snake was misguided, on reflection, then I could start warming to him again. Or if he showed humanness in seeing that Stewie was actually the victim, not the perpetrator. And that the game does need to make it right. Difficult to warm to Fatty when he remains a Gallop puppet and implicitly endorses the continued mistreatment of Snake. Sad, because I was a fan of Fatty's. Maybe that horrific fall impacted the judgement centre (prefrontal cortex) in his brain.

Rex said:
If Fatty admitted his call on Gallop being 100% correct in his treatment of Snake was misguided, on reflection, then I could start warming to him again. Or if he showed humanness in seeing that Stewie was actually the victim, not the perpetrator. And that the game does need to make it right. Difficult to warm to Fatty when he remains a Gallop puppet and implicitly endorses the continued mistreatment of Snake. Sad, because I was a fan of Fatty's. Maybe that horrific fall impacted the judgement centre (prefrontal cortex) in his brain.

Why does he have to show us? How do you know he hasn't mended a bridge already with Snake? He seems to be welcome at the club and is still good mates with Des and that tells me they are sweet with him so why are people here still dirty with him.

I'm sure Fatty regrets what he said that night, but all he had to go on was what was in all the papers and he gave Snake a spray. Lets not forget it was at the end of a despicable off season of behavioral issues by NRL players and he was just speaking as someone who loves the game and was sick of seeing players acting up. A sentiment I'm pretty sure we all were feeling. No one here would be dirty with what he said that night if it was Todd Carney or Nathan Hindmarsh and they were later proved by the court to be innocent of all allegations. We are only upset because it was about Snake but Snake, Des and the club don't appear to have problems with him so why still are we?

Masked Eagle said:
Rex said:

Why does he have to show us? How do you know he hasn't mended a bridge already with Snake? He seems to be welcome at the club and is still good mates with Des and that tells me they are sweet with him so why are people here still dirty with him.

I'm sure Fatty regrets what he said that night, but all he had to go on was what was in all the papers and he gave Snake a spray. Lets not forget it was at the end of a despicable off season of behavioral issues by NRL players and he was just speaking as someone who loves the game and was sick of seeing players acting up. A sentiment I'm pretty sure we all were feeling. No one here would be dirty with what he said that night if it was Todd Carney or Nathan Hindmarsh and they were later proved by the court to be innocent of all allegations. We are only upset because it was about Snake but Snake, Des and the club don't appear to have problems with him so why still are we?
Mate I'll think you will find fatty is one of the people in the media Brett is still dirty at

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6