One little ray of sunshine in all the gloom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has had it tough the last couple of seasons with injuries. Can't see him playing much longer unless this surgery fixes his shoulder issue.

They always say league is the toughest game of all and the physical toll catches up with most eventually. Slater is jockey-sized so he's done well to survive so long, as indeed has our own Brett Stewart.

My personal nomination for little ray of sunshine - how long is it since we've had a forward make 3 clean line breaks in a match? Used correctly Marty is a genuine weapon.

Was looking at when the Billy Slaters of the world were at their height back in 2008 and that's a long time ago. We have several blokes still going around that were the bomb back then to.

The little ray of sunshine for me from this news is that my good mate, Cam Munster (also jockey sized) gets a fulltime gig now, in his preferred position. He will have just as good a career as Slater, without the grub like antics. I remember telling everyone on here about Cam when he first left the Capra's to go to Melbourne a couple of years ago. I said back then that he'll kill it in the NRL, and he is.

Billy will be right financially. Go Cameron!!

The little ray of sunshine for me from this news is that my good mate, Cam Munster (also jockey sized) gets a fulltime gig now, in his preferred position. He will have just as good a career as Slater, without the grub like antics. I remember telling everyone on here about Cam when he first left the Capra's to go to Melbourne a couple of years ago. I said back then that he'll kill it in the NRL, and he is.

Billy will be right financially. Go Cameron!!
How do you know him Moz & why didn't you send him down to Manly? ;)

Dont like slater but hate hearing news like this. He is a toss pot though. People lose there minds when sport is involved

Anyone remember how decent he was to Wolfman when Wolfy broke his neck at Brooky? Come on guys, don't wish injuries on anyone.
Hate how people use that to say he's a saint.
It was just common decency. It's like making a fuss over someone for driving around a dog standing on the road (normal reaction) rather than aiming for it.
Would have to see the video again, but I recall him having a pissed off expression on his face while Wolfman lay on him. It's not like he was all smiles and giving a hug of comfort or showing concern at all. That's the channel 9 media version.

So fk him.

But I don't get any joy out of his injury

Despise him mainly because he's so damn good, he looked really dangerous in Storm's first game against the Dragons too. Hope he comes back from this, he's a legend of the game and deserves to go out on his own terms.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6