one game not a season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=187032.msg326042#msg326042 date=1300745716]
Watch the Knights second half against the Cowboys and they let in a lot of points.
Now watch our second half against a near full strength Roosters defensively very tight.

The week before's outcome often says a lot about what the outcome will be the following week

The performance of the cowboys was very ordinary. One of the worst I've seen in a while. They really weren't having a dig and I suspect that Neil Henry will not last the season. There is something really rotten in FNQ. Maybe they're still under water.
[/quote]
It's been the same thing for years up there.

No matter which coach they get the result will always be similar.

They dont seem to have much cohesion in their forward pack though either.

Thurston must take a massive chunk of their salary cap and the rest of the team needs to fall into place around him and bowen as well.

Though there are always rumours flying out of there as well.

The club needs a massive clean out to be honest and really needs to rebuild from the ground up, including halfback. There is so much raw talent there, but not enough team players

Dan, last weekend they appeared totally unmotivated. They made the Knights look good.

They seemed to be biding their time until the final whistle. You're right - they need a big clean up.

Gorgeous George link said:
Dan, last weekend they appeared totally unmotivated. They made the Knights look good.

They seemed to be biding their time until the final whistle. You're right - they need a big clean up.

it's the same year in year out for them. It's part of the club culture up there now and the only way to fix it is to hook their stars and rebuild with players that are thirsty for success.

Rabbitohs are another similar team, full of talent but they have a club culture of, any success no matter how minor is enough to say they are successful. The Dragons had it for years and it took Bennett to fix it really.

Some clubs just don't understand what it takes to win the comp and are happy to plod along and only have the faintest dream of success, they have beaten themselves before the season starts

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I agree with the above BUT self belief is a wonderful thing. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Mal Reilly at a football function once and I asked him what he thought made a great footy side....he said \"it's simple really at the end of the day each club side has a couple of great players, a couple of very good players and a couple of good club players with the rest being youngsters or average players....so really it's 20% ability and 80% attitude\". I then said \"is that why they say a champion team can always beat a team of champions\"...answer \"got it in one\"

Last weeks result will to a lot to the attitude of the players, and whilst we may not win this weekend I reckon they'll be trying their guts out...and as a fan if they do that I am happy.

How right you are Mark. We turned up with the right attitude last week and we won. it's pretty simple really. The gummies turned up with the right attitude last night and look what happened. The knights have played with great attitude the last 2 weeks, the big question will be, will they want it more than us this week?

In my opinion with Stewy and the return to Brooky, I feel this should be enough to get the guys into a positive mindset and want to win more than the knights.

As for tipping, I am 5 from 16, so your not alone Mark.

Dan link said:
I thought mosoe and nuasala were going to beat us to a pulp, the guys are just bloody huge and run like freight trains but we contained them well, and Foz running in to put a hit on one of the biggest guys on the field was just magic, even though he probably came off second best, it really set the tone.

Foz didn't come off 2nd best.. he sure bounced off, but Frank Nuasala was taken off the field after that hit, he was well banged up.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2