One for the techies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
why punctuation is irrelevant!

You see Daniel, without punctuation we can't work out whether you are making a lighthearted, upper class statement ("Why, punctuation is irrelevant!") or asking a question and making a forceful statement ("Why? Punctuation is irrelevant!").

And we can't even guess this time what it is you're trying to say. The fact that you always make these silly 'be-all-and-end-all' statements such as the latter make me believe it could be that, however the fact that you're a wanky wannabe living in Mosman makes me chuckle picturing you saying the former as you place your china tea cup in it's saucer... :)

[quote author=Daniel]
why punctuation is irrelevant!

You see Daniel, without punctuation we can't work out whether you are making a lighthearted, upper class statement ("Why, punctuation is irrelevant!") or asking a question and making a forceful statement ("Why? Punctuation is irrelevant!").

And we can't even guess this time what it is you're trying to say. The fact that you always make these silly 'be-all-and-end-all' statements such as the latter make me believe it could be that, however the fact that you're a wanky wannabe living in Mosman makes me chuckle picturing you saying the former as you place your china tea cup in it's saucer... :)

[/quote]

Ahh but you see you forget context!

When read in context to the other posts it is more than obvious what is implied......

You of all Narc should know punctuation is only important and policed if you are on a 1337 IRC chat with a bunch of pimple faced teenagers, who will live within their box for most of their lives.

Also if you dont know that couldnt and Couldn't are the same thing then you have far deeper troubles than can be discussed on here! :stupid: :naughty:

I can still read that statement either way, so I believe that my argument still stands.

Either way, I couldn't care less: I hope to go ice fishing this winter, so I need to get all the practice I can.

I know all about 1337 chat and where it makes sense. Afterall, I believe that you and I were the only ones encouraging its use here a while ago...

not as in 1337 speak.....I mean as in elitist IRC chatters

I have thought about partitioning little bit of my hard drive to have a play with Linux , as ive heard its great media wise which is what i use my pc for about 80%

Seriously you guys would argue Black was White LOL

Good to hear you decided to try it, anyway. Media wise it is good as the response time is impressive and you shouldn't see the system lag at all.

Assuming you went with Ubuntu, you will need to set it up to play MP3s and DVDs (I daresay it's in the repository somewhere, but not in the main installation), but for DVDs at least you'd have to do that in Windows too.

Let us know how you go with it, and feel free to ask questions... I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few of us all learning at the same time (some at different levels than others: Daniel's still stuck at the download stage, as he saw the ISOs were stored on mirrors and he can't get past them until he sees a nice reflection!).

I am stuck on what distro to download but I can always format the partition. So Will likely install SUPER tonight and if I dont like it will go for Ubuntu.

I prefer Gnome as well over KDE

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6