One for the MWSE dinosaurs who don't get social media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't actually think they will open it up again, but they can make it far more interactive (interviews, news etc etc) to entice people to come back, if only on a casual basis.

I think the forum on MWSE is as dead as a dead dingo's donger......BUT that's not the only reasin to have a website

Seems like a bit of MWSE died when the forum closed, such a shame the club seems to be going backwards not forwards.  Other clubs seem to have marketing/media people etc who are active out there in the market place making things happen.  The only reason we had Quantum and Mack Trucks was because of the Penns rather than anyone who has gone out there and won a sponsorship deal.  It is all very sad at the moment.

Welcome to Silvertails Kate, great to see you are not "lost" to the cause.

As Bob has stated above I don't think they are far away from a tech person, which will see the website far more up to date (at least), as I say the forum is dead and will never reappear, but webistes are about far more than forums so as long as things are up to date and interesting to view / read I think that part of the business will be fine.

But great to see you over here anyway and don;t make this be your last post!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
That's indeed a good point WAMF, and I would imagine Kieran Houlahan (merchandise manager) would be s**tting himself, as I beleive a very large part of his sales came from the website.

Whilst not wanting to open up old wounds, this was something that the \"powers to be\" really didn't think about.

It would have just been so much cheaper to

a) appoint a tech person to manage the site, including the forum
b) appoint 3 or 4 \"moderators\" that had the power to delete posts and caution forum members.

My son in law is a Panthers fan and they still have a forum, moderated by about 4 fans and if anything is said it just vanishes, and no one knows which of the mods deleted it...he said it works like a charm.

Sadly I think they'll pay at coalface over the next 12 months as a result of this.
..  i just bought something from the online shop ??  i`d rather buy from their than rebel sports or any other place that sells manly nrl merchandise..atleast max profits go to club .. if you needed to buy gear you just go to site & have a look. cheaper than them other sports stores any way..
like i said i was pissed off before about the whole thing but now im over it found this joint like it alot.. might as well support manly financially if i can.. then not have a team at all. so if you got the shiits & you say you wont buy from them  online no more your just kind of ripping yourself of really because you will pay heaps more from non sea eagles run merchandise..

ps regarding  memberships im going to upgrade mine to bronze next year & still probably wont even use 1 game ticket  ;D
:D

WAMF link said:
lol, we can't even get the clubs official site to come up 1st on google when you search for 'manly sea eagles', never mind the fact that the 'news' on the site hadn't been updated for 3-4 months. Little wonder we have no hope of going down a sensible path like this in future.

Instead, let's take a game or 3 to a country who has no internet (literally).
lmao WAM you crack me up..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183851.msg271904#msg271904 date=1278384140]
That's indeed a good point WAMF, and I would imagine Kieran Houlahan (merchandise manager) would be s**tting himself, as I beleive a very large part of his sales came from the website.

Whilst not wanting to open up old wounds, this was something that the \"powers to be\" really didn't think about.

It would have just been so much cheaper to

a) appoint a tech person to manage the site, including the forum
b) appoint 3 or 4 \"moderators\" that had the power to delete posts and caution forum members.

My son in law is a Panthers fan and they still have a forum, moderated by about 4 fans and if anything is said it just vanishes, and no one knows which of the mods deleted it...he said it works like a charm.

Sadly I think they'll pay at coalface over the next 12 months as a result of this.
..  i just bought something from the online shop ??  i`d rather buy from their than rebel sports or any other place that sells manly nrl merchandise..atleast max profits go to club .. if you needed to buy gear you just go to site & have a look. cheaper than them other sports stores any way..
like i said i was pissed off before about the whole thing but now im over it found this joint like it alot.. might as well support manly financially if i can.. then not have a team at all. so if you got the shiits & you say you wont buy from them  online no more your just kind of ripping yourself of really because you will pay heaps more from non sea eagles run merchandisers..

ps regarding  memberships im going to upgrade mine to bronze next year & still probably wont even use 1 game ticket  ;D
:D
[/quote]

I agree with the fact the Forum over there is dead and will never be reurrected.  I am now happy here.  I do have an issue with the lack of information that is currently on the MWSE website re players injuries, comings and goings etc.

If the powers to be on MWSE (The Official Website) want to stop viscious rumours hitting the Media then they need to keep the fans and supporters up to date, not allow us to make assumptions and post incorrect information.

Forums are for fans to discuss what is true and correct according to club management not to post hit and miss articles that one really knows if it is fact or not.

There's no doubt the club are well aware of the curent shortcomings, as Vid has alluded to, a tech person isnt far away from being appointed, when that happens I expect things will improve.

I would like to see if we could occasionally get some information over here from the club or have someone come in and be involved like a Q & A session

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Good thought...Vid shall you or I chase this???

I'm doing some stuff with Sarah already and ramping up for the 2011 membership stuff so best you manage this one if you could please mate (also bit of extra pull from your side with the MWTS aspect?)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2