One-eyed media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think I threw up a little into my mouth with the start of the telecast tonight, with a thoughtful Rab's going on and on about Billy Slater. Now Billy Slater is a tremendous footballer, there is no denying this, but the way the media blathers about the guy while ignoring the obvious mistakes in his game. Sure they could talk about Manu having trouble with bombs, but did they mention the three that Slater screwed up? They could mention the knock-on by Locke, but what about the one that Slater choked on? Did they mention the two tries scored that had Billy Slater nowhere in picture, even though he wasn't involved in the ruck? It sickens me the amount of mistakes that guys like Thurston and Slater make each game, that is simply ignored, while spruiking about their virtues.
I would have Brett Stewart in my side any day over Slater, as with Stewart you know you get the entire package. Unlike Slater he doesn't throw stacks of forward passes, or pass into row Z, and you know he won't knock-on 60% of contested bombs. Plus he is a scoring freak and lay on tries with the best.

Channel 9 love child. Hayne is another, they could have the worse games in history and Rabs and Gould would still be creaming themselves over them.

He basically did an 08 World Cup Final pass again tonight, ruined the game for Melbourne. Wish they had an opposite prize to Man of the Match because Billy would have got that.

Jono said:
He basically did an 08 World Cup Final pass again tonight, ruined the game for Melbourne. Wish they had an opposite prize to Man of the Match because Billy would have got that.

Mullane/Carige award

It will be a little harder for the media to ignore Manly this week becuase now there are only 2 teams left. It will still happen though.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
Fro said:
Can you start putting spaces in your posts, they are giving me a headache.

There are thousands of spaces in there champ! ;)

At least that is what that big key at the bottom of the keyboard is for.

I think Fro wants a paragraph or 2

One eyed media.....you fookin bet cha.....

I have supported Manly for 30 years and this MANLY HATE media is an absolute atrocity of the powers of media. There is no new information relating to any hate for Manly filtering into the media (i.e NEWS STORIES); all the stories are originating ONLY from the media...full-fookin-stop. All of their rubbish they refer to is from last century. And what really pisses me off is that the current Manly side is accumulating new fans at a good rate and this is completely hidden from the public media by baseless and bull**** journalism. Here's a fookin' tip Jounos; definition of Journalism; Journalism is the practice of investigation and reporting of events, issues and trends to a broad audience If they actually did their fookin job they would find that manly's new young golden boys (Foran and Evans) are attracting the fans like never before. Now that is a trend to report on;....not this bull**** the re-hash from 30 fookin years ago about bob fulton and cement trucks....FOOOK!!!!!

Also, I reckon if the truth was ever able to get to the light of day we would see that Storm would be the most hated....by a long way.

/end of rant.bye.

The classic one for gus was that Aus vs NZ game (last year maybe?) where Aus were comfortably ahead and gus went on a long winded speech about how the kiwis cant win intense games like this one because they havent played origin and can't match it with our players etc etc.

*insert family feud incorrect answer sound effect.

The master flocks dumb sheep,
blindly led to their slaughter.
Yet Manly winners, we're hated deep,
For victors give no quarter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8