One disappointing aspect of today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I stand corrected Kiwi, damn.  Pity really as I hate to remember the Delmege Sea Eagles rather than the Manly Sea Eagles, sponsored by Delmege....Anyway one to you, not that I keep score..But getting back to the topic, Brookvale is not so good on a wet, bleak cold day, playing without our stars and against an opposition from interstate with no travellers and very few local fans.  8K not so bad.  It would have been worse on a Monday night.

I hope we never lose our name DSM. They couldn't really win though over here, Name them Auckland and the majority of the country have no connection to them, name them NZ and the majority of the country ask why they never see them if they use the NZ name

It still sounds soft DSM, anything under 10k can never be considered a decent crowd for us, no matter what excuses we put on it.

Nearly every bloody time I go to Brookvale it rains !!!

Early and late in the season are the best times to visit Brookvale.  Sunny Sunday afternoon, nothing better.    Suburban grounds just can't cut it when the weather is bleak.  Skilled and the stadium in Melbourne might be the way to go.  Apparently the stadium in Melbourne is very close to the action, quite steep and able to hold 30 thousand.  They will share it with the Melbourne soccer team.  The blueprint of the future.     

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Nearly every bloody time I go to Brookvale it rains !!!
Too right. I think you were at the bunnies finals game a few years ago - and that is one of the wettest I have ever been. CW, his family and I were so wet when we got trodden on by the giant crowd pouring in we just sank further into the quagmire. Great game and result though.

You have a good memory MB, I was there and came to say hello to ya that day, poured down

Other games have been the last couple of Dogs ones at Brookie, rain was in the air those nights as well

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7