One disappointing aspect of today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arko-admirer link said:
The crowd less than 9000 on a Sunday arvo.

Yes there were a few splatters of rain about but not good at all

Yep - I'm sure the whole CEO / MAX / Penn thing is having a negative impact as well as the fact a lot of people where doubting how manly would go with so many SOO players out.

I was thinking the same thing, from a club who won the premiership the crowds should be up not down on last year! i honestly dont believe people would deceide on not going ot the footy based on the Max v Penn debacle.

Could have been a combination of Brett.S being out (he is a major crowd attraction, ala beaver), ****ty weather, missing 5 origin player (which is tha main one IMO i.e crowd pleasers of wolfman, choc & lyon).

you cant use the "its on tv anyway" excuse when comparing to last year because every game is on tv every year. In fact the telecast was delayed which only channel 9 sunday games and one game on friday are delayed meaning we should if actualy got more.

In most of Sydney it poured today - just not on the beaches. Was not a day to go out, the Origin boys were not there and the publicity was not good.

The crowd was lower than it should have been but saying there were a few splatters of rain is colouring the truth. It pissed down all saturday from about 9:30am. The forecast for Sunday was more of the same ("heavy on the coast") and from about 1pm onwards it threatened to come true. It was just luck that it never got real heavy but plenty of families were not going to take a punt on it. Another factor is that Canberra only provide a smattering of away support.

What I would point out as a positive is that I think the crowd noise at yesterday's game was louder than at any home game this season despite only having 8,100 there. Apart from the singing from the hill there was a lot of chanting from all around the ground. The most pleasing aspect was that the most noise came when we kicked off after Canberra got back to 20-14. The crowd really got behind the boys to help get them home.
The lack of noise in earlier matches this season mirrored our lack of confidence on the field.

Weak crowd, and the excuses are weak too

A few spots of water, they sell jackets these days

On TV, as are all games, this one was delayed where most are live

Origin stars out, all the more reason why the young side needs your support

Brookie is just great on a clear sunny Sunday afternoon.  On a wet and bleak afternoon it's the pits.  No Canberra crowd and you're 5K down already.  I was there and it did rain, soggy underfoot, no stars (not that I cared) and on TV.  Enough said.  Thanks for the advice re jackets Kiwi.  Standing on the hill in a jacket, not much of a fun prospect.  Maybe for you NZers who seem to turn out in Auckland in your 8 - 10K when it's the same weather, and you're a whole country team.         

Exactly right, DSM.

Brookie is the worst ground in existence then is is wet.

What ****s me is my seat in the Fulton-Menzies stand is row C, so three rows from the bottom, yet the roof overhang stops about there. One more meter of tin and I would stay dry...

DSM5 link said:
Brookie is just great on a clear sunny Sunday afternoon.  On a wet and bleak afternoon it's the pits.  No Canberra crowd and you're 5K down already.  I was there and it did rain, soggy underfoot, no stars (not that I cared) and on TV.  Enough said.  Thanks for the advice re jackets Kiwi.  Standing on the hill in a jacket, not much of a fun prospect.  Maybe for you NZers who seem to turn out in Auckland in your 8 - 10K when it's the same weather, and you're a whole country team.         

We are not a whole country team fella, they neglect the rest of NZ majorly. And I find their crowds in the wet pathetic as well, even though they are up around 15-16,000 this season

p-s, don't ever compare me to an Aucklander you bastard !!! ;) I have been in a few packed stadiums while the snow is falling, those pricks would be in front of the heater sipping on a latte

Did I compare you with an Aucklander?  Sorry,  I think I referred to you as a NZer.  Are you not?  Touchy lot you people.  I thought they were called the New Zealand Warriors, not the Auckland warriors.  Anyway, 'wet and soggy' just doesn't attract  a crowd over here.   

They are officially known as the Vodafone Warriors DSM, the NZ tag was dropped years ago.

The inference is close enough DSM, do not do it again :p

So, if we judge your last line, you are saying that Aussies are a soft bunch ? ;)

Hate to contradict you Kiwi, but their NRL website has them named as the New Zealand Warriors.  Lovely to joust Kiwi.

I remember the NRL site had the NE logo all over the site for Manly for almost a year after we became Manly again.

They are known as Vodaphone Warriors.

http://www.warriors.co.nz/

But

Legal

Copyright NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS LIMITED 2000 .

Sorry to interrupt a debate on what the Warriors are called but I have to nothing put forward makes me feel better about the 8000 crowd.

If people aren't turning up because it rained heavily the day before and threatens to again, we are in real trouble.

For what its worth in the southeast of Sydney where I live there was even some sun on game day morning before I set off.

Ours was the only sub 10K crowd of the round (don't know about tonight)

Yeah Byso is correct DSM

As a business they run under the NZ name, but they dropped that from the team name after a couple of years of Watson running them

Ray Warren still uses it a lot though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8