One Big Positive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has anyone else noticed that our drop outs are going 40+m on the fly these days.

Why the hell were we putting up with the dwarfs 20m dribblers for the last 3 years ?? Mind boggling stuff.

Chip & Chase link said:
Why the hell were we putting up with the dwarfs 20m dribblers for the last 3 years ??
  I can't even come up with a sarcastic answer.  Eh Eh Eh Eh, nothing more I can say. 

Matabele link said:
I can't even come up with a sarcastic answer.  Eh Eh Eh Eh, nothing more I can say. 

Perhaps there are another set of photos outside of Willo's goat shots. Did Ox and Des ever share a shower a' la Bingle and Fev ? 

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182764.msg256074#msg256074 date=1269171950]

Perhaps there are another set of photos outside of Willo's goat shots. Did Ox and Des ever share a shower a' la Bingle and Fev ? 
[/quote] Ox couldn't reach up to take a photo over a shower cubicle could he?  Maybe he took it under a toilet door.

id swap a 20 mtere drop out for 2 gf appearances and a 40 nil record.the guy was high in medal count in 07 and won a dally m in 08 for gods sake.

in 09 he fell away and was rightly replaced

as this season slowly slides away we  rejoice in the demise of a bloke who was bought to win us a premiership aand did so  but applaud the beauty of a 40 metre field goal.

after 2 capitulations with zero talk from senior players except howling at the refs i thought there might be some more helpful observations.

marvelous stuff that.

Totally agree Susan.

He got us a gf. Noway we would have won it without him. He deserves far more respect.

Other positives
Foran and Hodkinson will gel into a great combo
Hoddo has a very good kicking game he pinpointed a few great kicks yesterday
Our pack will out muscle any team this season
Ballin has gotten even better this year

susan ridgepipe link said:
id swap a 20 mtere drop out for 2 gf appearances and a 40 nil record.the guy was high in medal count in 07 and won a dally m in 08 for gods sake.

in 09 he fell away and was rightly replaced

as this season slowly slides away we  rejoice in the demise of a bloke who was bought to win us a premiership aand did so  but applaud the beauty of a 40 metre field goal.

after 2 capitulations with zero talk from senior players except howling at the refs i thought there might be some more helpful observations.

marvelous stuff that.

Applaud.  100% correct, some people have short memories. 

He didn't win the GF for us.  From what I know it's a team effort.  Some might argue that Lyon was bought to win it for us.  You're right though Sue, God only knows how he won that Dally M.   

i dont meaning winning the medal was the key  but any bloke who finishes top 5 or 6 in the count 2 years in a row as judged by top line explayers must be doing something right surely.add that to the 2 gf appearances and to deny his contribution is a bit of a stretch.

Nobody denies he had some contribution Sue, the sticking point for a lot of posters, well for me anyway, was the amount he was paid compared to the benefit recieved just didnt stack up

Plenty of positive from the game really considering that Manly were expected to get blown off the park.

Farrar showed some spark at FB.
Great debut to Hodko.
Much less questionable play in tackles. Most of those 2nd half penalties were absolute BS.
Ball security and completion rates generally really good.
No luck at all but this will change.

One big challenge here is for Manly not to panic about not having won a game. Panic football is dangerous. The side needs to fully review what has happened over the last two weeks. Work on those issues and believe things will turn around and they will.

Chip & Chase link said:
Has anyone else noticed that our drop outs are going 40+m on the fly these days.

Why the hell were we putting up with the dwarfs 20m dribblers for the last 3 years ?? Mind boggling stuff.
Has anyone else noticed we dont put bombs into our attack...

I thought we did way too many bombs against the Tigers and then we seemed to do none (or very few) against the eels.

I think we need to be careful about getting too frustrated and blaming the ref

We cant fix the forward passes but we can do something to stop the penalties, just clean it up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6