One and half Million loss for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
4 to 6 games at Brookvale? Will the council want that, or just rip the place down if we're not paying the nearly 400K for the yearly hire (12 games).. Remember someone has to fund the place, even when it's not in use. Pity there's not a Soccer team on the Nthn beaches. Lowy seems to have the ear of the Federal govt. And folks who think we're out of the woods with the increase in the grant, that increase will be eaten up with increases in salaries. Huge puzzle.

What it does is set up an interesting scenario. The NRL are clearly moving to compel Sydney clubs to follow the model that has been very successful for the ARL for more than a decade. 2-3 stadiums only. Except that Manly's FC members can vote against such a dictum, which would actually be a vote to wind up the club. What to do hey?

We have to make money to get back in the black.

Play the Dragqueens, Souffs, Rooters and Tiggers at SFS. Let some of their fanbase pay our bills along with the superior corporate facilities and tv dollars recieved.

Now with less games at Brookvale starving the locals and the non travellers we should get 16k+ @ home.

I smell a troll.

Funny how 90% of fans were completely against the two stadium concept when the secret communist commission first tested the water a year or so ago. Now we have people on every nrl site steering the debate the way these corporate criminals want it to go. Suddenly, the solution to all our problems is to sell our souls.

The question is not how many fans the team has but how much they make a fiscal support.

I am a big fan but admit I only attend 1 or 2 brooky games a year. I'd rather watch it on TV. My fiscal contribution is small.

I don't go to brookie not because its a 'substandard' ground. I just think its better in the pub or at home.

The challenge is how to get money from the quiet fans. There are a lot of us.

weev said:
The question is not how many fans the team has but how much they make a fiscal support.

I am a big fan but admit I only attend 1 or 2 brooky games a year. I'd rather watch it on TV. My fiscal contribution is small.

I don't go to brookie not because its a 'substandard' ground. I just think its better in the pub or at home.

The challenge is how to get money from the quiet fans. There are a lot of us.

But that's the thing weev. It is better at home on TV. I agree. I go to around 20 games a year not because it's better but because i feel i should. I still have to watch the replays to figure out that the ref was right and not the cheating *^#% we accused him of being. It's not a differing opinion, just a differing sense of accountability. Use it or lose it you might say.

Darren said:
Tooks, I did read that as well, I wonder what happened?? Duff, it would seem the guaranteed payments are the way ahead for low drawing crowds like us. Baird wrote this would lose 1.2 million northside people but heck, where are they?? We have the most outstanding winning team for the past few years with superstars like Brett, Jamie, Keiran, DCE, Choc etc and we get dismal amounts through the gate.

Corporates want to wine and dine. Not sit with their knees in someone's back. I've been in our "premium seating". Like Collingwood, Carlton etc their grounds couldn't do it. You know what, fans will adjust or else they really don't care. If we were getting 20k plus at Brookie we wouldn't have this debate. It's the locals not really giving a stuff and they never will.

Mal, that is one of the best posts I've read. It sums up what the reality is. Brookie is very hard to access and costs a bomb to go with the family. People can't pay their mortgage, let alone waste $100 sitting on a hill and can't see much looking into the sun.

I did the Wollongong train, bus or ferry to Brookie and back as a kid and young adult. Took me 6 hours return trip!!! lol Can't believe the passion back then. Kids today won't travel 5 minutes. The sooner someone makes the big decision the sooner we can move on. Maybe Annersley has finally started it. It's a cancer that is slowly eating us away and nothing is helping.

What you forget to mention Darren is that, after catching a train to Central, or a bus to Central from the Northern Beaches, depending on where you are coming from...you still need to catch another bus, or walk for 30 mins just to get to the SFS.

It may be difficult for you to get to Brookie, but for a lot of us, it's a lot more convenient, especially when you work on the Beaches.

I am yet to see us get 20,000 Manly fans to anywhere but Brookie for a regular round game. That includes Suncorp, Skilled Stadium and Gosford.

Moving to SFS will be the death of our club's supporter base at games. These fanatics that Mal commented about will be the last remnants of the Sea Eagle supporters base, the rest will be at home watching until a Grand Final comes around.

DSM5 said:
4 to 6 games at Brookvale? Will the council want that, or just rip the place down if we're not paying the nearly 400K for the yearly hire (12 games).. Remember someone has to fund the place, even when it's not in use. Pity there's not a Soccer team on the Nthn beaches. Lowy seems to have the ear of the Federal govt. And folks who think we're out of the woods with the increase in the grant, that increase will be eaten up with increases in salaries. Huge puzzle.

It would serve all those Friends Of Brookvale people right for holding back on the redevelopment proposal. They were stopping it because they didn't want units...well guess what? No Manly, no Brookvale Oval. The place will be sold off and used for units.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4