ON THE MARCH!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
We are a well oiled machine heading towards the finals. If defence wins big games, we're certainties. I don't see anyone as a threat to Manly at this stage. No one frightens me. I hope that's a good thing :s

I think we have been playing with a lack of direction in attack and a little too mush 'rush of blood' type play - particularly Cherry-Evans. Yet we are still winning against solid teams desperate to make the 8 - that's a good sign. Our defence has been outstanding and we clearly have a lot of improvement in us, yet we are sitting in first with a handy buffer.

We will continue like this until the semis, and shock whoever we play by lifting to a whole new level that we haven't seen yet.

BTW, would love to see Ligi Sao get a run.

mozgrame said:
Sooo.....where else can we improve?

Dare I suggest this improvement but we change our name from Manly - the refs will be a big threat!

On a serious note, injuries/suspensions are a big threat too.

mozgrame said:
If you still have any doubts at this stage, you're very hard to please.

In saying that and barring the refs, who do you consider our biggest threat in a race for the trophy?

imthinkin6.gif
Shayne Hayne
icon_rolleyes.gif

bob dylan said:
Our biggest threat is everything. For gods sake there is 10 weeks to go in 30 week season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Manly, or any team, gets bundled out in the first two weeks of the finals.

People here carrying on like Souths fans, face the facts our team is not superior or infallible. Just enjoy the ride week to week and whatever will be will be.

Regardless of what happens we have had one hell of a season, again.

Yeah have a crack at me and call me negative but some of us are old enough to remember the ghosts 1983 and 1997, we had better and more dominant sides then and didn't get the job done. It happens people, and only fools can't see it.

Good post - sums it up - optimism with a dose of reality.

Enjoy the ride.

Jerry1 said:
bob dylan said:
Our biggest threat is everything. For gods sake there is 10 weeks to go in 30 week season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Manly, or any team, gets bundled out in the first two weeks of the finals.

People here carrying on like Souths fans, face the facts our team is not superior or infallible. Just enjoy the ride week to week and whatever will be will be.

Yeah have a crack at me and call me negative but some of us are old enough to remember the ghosts 1983 and 1997, we had better and more dominant sides then and didn't get the job done. It happens people, and only fools can't see it.

Enjoy the ride.

I can't see the optimism in that post. Please point it out for me.

mozgrame said:
Jerry1 said:
bob dylan said:

Enjoy the ride.

Lol reading it back I thought it said manly wont get bundled out. Matters not - we need a reality check now and again. I'm sure we will go on to win it but we have to temper it just in case of an act of god or something :)

I think we are nowhere near peaking. (Well of course not we are in Australia! Boom tish). Anyway I think we are only 6-7 out of ten personally. And that's what makes me feel very comfortable. We are playing at times some pretty ordinary games, but finding ways to win. And the Broncos game showed that. That was a game there to be lost. Our first half looked very disjointed, the boys looked stuffed from playing the Warriors and the travel and the bruises, yet they toughed it out and in the end class shone through.

The first step is to make the semis. Job done, the next is top 4. I think 32 points pretty much guarantees that, so job done there. And then lastly get top 2. Which is very very close. And this could be crucial, the Cows are making a run, and there's the Warriors. A home semi in Sydney could be a big plus.

Our strength is just that we have a team of winners. Any team with dual premiership winners like Snake, Killer, Choc, Ballin, Skivs, and then add in the Fozza, Chezzas etc that have won a comp, and then add in those like Starling and JSL etc who have bought into the culture and we have a great chance this year.

The other pleasing thing is we may be able to rest a few players if they have a niggle which could use a weeks rest. I am not saying rest for rests sake. As I think that can be counterproductive, but if we come to weeks 25 and 26 and the results aren't crucial, then some players who could benefit from a week off would be good. Not to mention getting some fringe players (JLJ etc) some quality time. As who knows when injuries/suspensions could strike?

mozgrame said:
Jerry1 said:
bob dylan said:

Enjoy the ride.

Having read it back I thought originally it said we wouldn't get bundled out in the first two weeks but not to get carried away.

What I meant to convey is that every game we get to watch is a bonus. I expect us to go far but if it doesn't pan out that way that's life. Nothing is written in stone.

Enjoy the ride.

Well the Warriors are white-hot today (it is against the Faders).

Might as well just give it to em now, and go fishin' moz...

Or go and get some winter sun at the Capricorn(resort).

Waste o' time watching this Manly team, or getting excited about em mate.

RiverEagle said:
Well the Warriors are white-hot today (it is against the Faders).

Might as well just give it to em now, and go fishin' moz...

Or go and get some winter sun at the Capricorn(resort).

Waste o' time watching this Manly team, or getting excited about em mate.

Yeah, I'm with you mate. We might as well just admit there's a chance we won't get to the Grand Final, so why get excited about the possibility. The fish are always biting, but then again, what if they don't??? What then? I'll look silly. I will have gotten all excited about catching a fish and nothing might happen.

Wait a minute....what if I do go fishing, with high expectations and nothing happens and I catch nothing, I can at least say I enjoyed the trip!

Now I think I've got it!!!:D The end result of the fishing trip is not the point, just like the end result of the footy comp is not the issue. The point is...we should just enjoy the trip and not get too excited!!!!

So, if the end result means little, and it's the trip that's important to each individual.....why the hell do people get upset if I choose to be excited???

Are you guys picking up on the sarcasm?? I should hope so because I'm laying it on preeettty thick!!

LOL moz. Point well-and-truly made.

I think most aren't getting too carried away (or prematurely excited) and are cautiously optimistic.

I'm old enough to fully know and understand anything can happen, right up until the 80th minute on grand final afternoon.

I just feel we're steadily improving again (from our last title in 2011) and we couldn't be in better hands than Tooves.

He was there, in 95/96/97 when we were as good as any (even minor premiers) and still lost two grand finals!

I believe he can control as well as any the belief and composure of the 2014 crew; along with guys like Killer, King, Choc,Snake, Matty B and Skivy (to name just a few).

Once in awhile it doesn't hurt to dream, either.

Totally agree River old mate. Look, if truth be known...it's been a very boring Sunday and although I don't really care how others feel about our chances, it's been fun stirring the pot. LOL! :D

To be 4 points in front of the others on the ladder, in a competition that is the closest we've had in years, not yet playing to our full potential etc, etc, how could you not be confident.

We won't win every game from here on in, obviously. In fact, I like it when we lose a game before the finals, it fires us up. But come finals time we know what we're doing. We have the most experience. Well, us and Melbourne. We'll be just fine.

Rabbitohs are 4 points behind Manly but have a better for/against of 188 to Manly's 142. Meaning if Souths beat Manly all it takes is one more Manly loss on the top of that and Souths would move into 1st place (presuming Souths keep winning).

Manly have to beat Souths if they want to be minor premiers i reckon.

Sea Eagles - 32 points (+142)
v Rabbitohs (a), Titans (a), Eels (a), Panthers (h), Cowboys (a).

Rabbitohs - 28 points (+188)
v Sea Eagles (h), Broncos (h), Cowboys (h), Bulldogs (a), Roosters.

No way!!!!! Remember all the crap people were putting on Happily Manly about for and against??? Even though she was RIGHT!

Dumb asses!

It isn't won until it's won. Feel as confident all you like 9 weeks away from when it really counts, but you won't change anything that is 9 weeks away. It all looks terrific but it is a loooong way away. A small tumble and it all means nothing.

Personally I think that $3.50 the Premiership is exactly the right odds. If it was $4.00 (3 to 1) then we are overs. $3.00 (2 to 1) is too short. To believe we are certainties means the happy pills have been prescribed too often and I would love the name of your doctor.

What happens. And I know this is very unlikely. But what if two teams finish the season on same points and same points difference? In 2010 I remember when we finished 8th the rabbitohs had to beat someone to take our spot, but they also had to beat them by a certain margin. But what if miraculously that happens? Does it then go on whatever team has the most points for? Or on how they played each other during the year?

ManlyBacker said:
It isn't won until it's won. Feel as confident all you like 9 weeks away from when it really counts, but you won't change anything that is 9 weeks away. It all looks terrific but it is a loooong way away. A small tumble and it all means nothing.

Personally I think that $3.50 the Premiership is exactly the right odds. If it was $4.00 (3 to 1) then we are overs. $3.00 (2 to 1) is too short. To believe we are certainties means the happy pills have been prescribed too often and I would love the name of your doctor.

I am a pretty drunk right now MB, but take your best shot! Why am I wrong to blindly believe we have the goods to go the distance this year??

Tell the truth.....you are just covering your ass, right? I, on the other hand, am happy to put my ass on the line and declare, 10 weeks out, that I think we can win it.

Now's your chance MB! Balls out Brother....can we win the GF this year???

Maybe isn't an answer, because we can both say maybe yes, maybe no! One way or another mate...can we win it or not??

Of course we can Moz. But as a serious betting man it is always about the odds. Are we better than 2 to 1 to win - No in my opinion. If I was offered 3 to 1 that we will win then I would probably cash in a tern deposit and sling it on. That is how I see it. Do I deep down believe that Manly will go on and win. Most likely (YES!) but I wouldn't put my house on it. Haha!

I am not a serious betting man. I am however loyal. I don't care for odds in any way, shape or form and consider betting a mugs game. There is not a sport going that isn't controlled by the powers that be, and If you think that's not true, you are a mug. Last years GF should have taught us that.

I am very confident this year, which should be warning enough for me. Usually if I am this confident, I am wrong. Hahaha!

mozgrame said:
There is not a sport going that isn't controlled by the powers that be, and If you think that's not true, you are a mug. Last years GF should have taught us that.

Then I want more than 3 to 1!

Being a conspiracist is not as stupid as it may seem. That is why I can believe we should win but won't believe it until it happens.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7