1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ON THE MARCH!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mozgrame, Aug 2, 2014.

1. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Just watched the game on replay and apart from going cross eyed for the first few minutes trying to get my head around the jersey colours and figure out who is who, I was very impressed with our effort. Our defence was outstanding!! If we are not robbed again on the big day, we will be holding up the trophy.

My MOM for sure was Steve Matai. This bloke is a machine. A leader. He and Foz were hard to split, but for Matai to come back after the head knock and lift another gear was awesome. Our leadership group has done wonders for our young blokes confidence too and none of them seem out of place.

We are a well oiled machine heading towards the finals. If defence wins big games, we're certainties. I don't see anyone as a threat to Manly at this stage. No one frightens me. I hope that's a good thing :s

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    The referees will have their say. Totally unpredictable.

3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    There is no prize for July premiers. Way too far to go to assess our chances or the opposition.

But so far so good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    But it's August :)

• Like Like x 10
  5. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Skivvy was a MACHINE after his little rest, absolute BEAST mode!!

Without him and Foz, result could have been very different...

• Like Like x 2
  6. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,843 / 190
    and it is nearly September :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    If you still have any doubts at this stage, you're very hard to please.

In saying that and barring the refs, who do you consider our biggest threat in a race for the trophy?

8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    Best evidence that we would be MAD to release matai! Extend yes, release never.

• Like Like x 3
  9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    Nuclear war?

• Like Like x 1
  10. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,783 / 58
    The nrl gets a vote or two.

11. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Souths. I am scared of them mostly because the media are letting them fly under the radar.

12. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Yes @Jono you are dead right they aren't being talked about like last year , and that's a worry .

13. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Roosters, Souths and Storm all have chances.

14. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Get to September and it's a whole new ball-game.

The refs will have too much of a say, but we have as good a chance as any now.

A really red-hot chance, too!

15. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    We're running pretty hot right now. It's about 9/10 weeks out from GF day. Other teams are stuttering a bit, and some are starting to chime. Even the Eels are in the 8 now.

While other teams have room for improvement, and may just do that, where can we improve our game? If we have hit our peak, we will have to pray for no injuries or suspensions between now and GF day (if we make it)

I think our main weak point is goal kicking. On his day, Jamie can slot them from anywhere, but his "day" is not too often. On the other hand, our defence and attack is capable of keeping the importance of goal kicking to a minimum, as in the Bronco's game. Finals footy as we all know is different and may put more emphasis on the importance of 2 points wherever and whenever possible.

Sooo.....where else can we improve? Here's your chance TC :)

16. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    I don't think we've peaked @mozgrame

We've had many good performances mate; touches of class and professionalism. We've had long periods of quality defence across matches and varying oppositions.

We haven't yet played at our absolute best, and whilst there's no such thing as a perfect match (expect in the TV game show vault in the sky) we can still improve and maintain dominance better across the 80 minutes.

Yes injuries, goalkicking and refereeing will matter.

Given an even run on all three accounts, we should be there grand final day; and have the ability and experience once again now to get the job done, and be holding up the shield and the cup yet again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    You guys think too much.

We have been the best team so far. We will continue to be the best team. We will win the MP and then the comp. Simples.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    Our biggest threat will be injuries. If we can keep all our players on the field we will win the comp. It was the only thing that stopped us last year

• Like Like x 1
  19. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Our biggest threat is everything. For gods sake there is 10 weeks to go in 30 week season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Manly, or any team, gets bundled out in the first two weeks of the finals.

People here carrying on like Souths fans, face the facts our team is not superior or infallible. Just enjoy the ride week to week and whatever will be will be.

Regardless of what happens we have had one hell of a season, again.

Yeah have a crack at me and call me negative but some of us are old enough to remember the ghosts 1983 and 1997, we had better and more dominant sides then and didn't get the job done. It happens people, and only fools can't see it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Well, if you're happy to mope around half expecting the worst, don't call the rest of us fools for being happy about where we are and expecting the best.

F**k off, not superior! Snap out of it Bob FFS!! ;)