• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
is it just me or does anyone else think that Sophie Eddingtons photo is actually Giaan Rooney?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/beijing_olympics/beijinggallery/0,27379,5033587-5017127-1,00.html

That win by the Boomers (Aussie Men's Basketball) over Lithuania today was AWESOME.

After some pretty poor form by the Boomers during their Olympic campaign thus far, and many of their star players failing to fire nor mesh with other team members well to put together lots of good plays, they have really fired on all cylinders today.

Based on form and how good Lithuania have been in the European leagues in recent years, this game was looking like we would cop quite a beating.

WELL DONE BOYS!

Now, onto the yanks in 2 day's time.. Where we will get soundly smashed in return.

Men's netball needs to be removed from the Olympic program.  I'd rather watch synchronised swimming than endure 20 sneakers screeching on tiles - you score, I score, you score, I score set up an exciting last minute.

Re: Beijing Opening Ceremony:

I had to drive during the evening through most of it, so listened to abc am radio call of it.

But I recorded it and only last night watched (the bulk of) it..

One word: OUTSTANDING.

The radio call, whilst ok, could hardly do justice to the spectacle that was that event. So glad I recorded it and watched the TV broadcast. Very, very impressive!

Except for Channel 7's bloody advertising through much of it of course.

There has been much public discussion for and against funding for elite athletes, Olympic campaigns, Olympic ceremonies & fireworks in them etc.

The Olympic Games is THE BEST truly global event in the world.
The core values it represents such as friendship, peace & sportsmanship alone warrant the resources used to make it the huge production it is.

Arguments such as "oh, most of the olympic games budget should be spent on healthcare & education instead" are such ridiculous modern-day-economist/political views - people who truly believe that should take a step back, see the big picture, and if they simply must ride the economist horse then they should looks at Defence budgets and other more appropriate sources from which to reallocate funds.

That opening ceremony was fantastic.
An excellent application of so many facets in a wonderful way - including art, dance, culture, history, technology, pyrotechnics, choreography, acrobatics & multimedia experience.
I have never seen anything quite like it.

An absolute pinnacle of human achievement - we should all count ourselves glad & lucky to be living in this era where we can make such events into what they are.

Bring on the next, and the next, and the next Olympic games and let's see more!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6