• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Quite a few medal chances withdrawing with interesting injuries 3-4 weeks before the games begin.  Interesting .....

Also noticed the Australian that won last night's stage of the Tour is wearing teeth braces.  Interesting .........

The drug testing and dope checking is getting better and better. Not sure about the current cyclist but I doubt there is a conspiracy in the cycling field.

Does this mean that Lyon and King are taking drugs because they are injured???

Dont you think if it was drug related (and not a toe) that they would have come up with a better injury story.

I dont get the link between wearing braces and olympic drug cheats but maybe thats just me.

I'm sure our resident conspiracy theorists will enlighten me.

Just once every 4 years can't the glass be half full Matas??

i love the Olympics and also athletics. Toe injuries for hurdlers are bad news and I can tell you that Rawlinson is one tough woman who has been crucified by the 'tall poppy' syndrome in that she is a winner unlike the Tamsyn Lewis pretty girls in the sport who are more keen to get shots on covers of magazines than do the hard stuff to win races. Deakes and Rawlinson are World Champions, have been tested in and out of training for years - so the conspiracy theory is probably without substance. (We are not the US who cover up tests!)

Re the braces - Fro - some steroids are reputed to affect jaw growth and therefore mess up one's teeth, requiring braces beyond the 'normal' teenage years.

Cheers CW. learn something every day.

Although I know a number of people in their 20s wearing braces, mainly because their parents couldnt afford them when they were younger

Fro link said:
I dont get the link between wearing braces and olympic drug cheats but maybe thats just me.

Use of hormones and Testosterone causes growth changes in the jaw line and when one has adult teeth and the jaw/gums start shifting around the teeth start to go all over the place.  A bit like a fault line.

Pittman wore braces in her early 20s.

No way should Ana Ivanovic be number 29. She is nothing short of sensational. Top 10 if not number 1 for sure.

I don't know who compiled that list, but they need a slap upside the head. There are some absolute dogs amongst that lot.

I have no problem with Stephanie Rice in the top ten but how Lauren Jackson made it is ridiculous.  Also there should be more gymnasts in there - even if they aren't glamours they more than make up for it with flexibility.  When I die I want to come back as a balance beam. 

clontaago link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=177944.msg192213#msg192213 date=1218004242]
When I die I want to come back as a balance beam. 

Just for the mens events mate?
[/quote]

being a pommel horse wouldn't be much fun - getting teabagged about 100 times a day. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4