Olympic TV

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Why would you spend many millions of dollars and then put two lame brains in the commentary box?  How embarrasing and lame are their interjections?

As for Bwuce Macca Vainey, don't get me started.

those african nations are all the same arent they :)

and before you ask I do know where malawi is.

Coverage this afternoon consists of beach volleyball.  I despise how all we get are ordinary Aussies just because they're Aussies when this is a world event featuring the world's best. 

Would have been okay if they were glams, but they weren't.

No doubt all we'll get tonight is swimming heats - boring.  Thank gooness for League on Fox Sports.

Try SBS Matas, they have it too.

And I didn't think Malawi was off the coast of anywhere :)

Fro link said:
Try SBS Matas, they have it too.

And I didn't think Malawi was off the coast of anywhere :)

It's pathetic that 7 and SBS between them are behaving like a dog in the manger.  We get rubbish heats and Aussies coming a gallant 8th and just don't get to see some brilliant world class performances across all the sports.  Pay TV should be given free reign to broadcast all the other stuff that the free-to-air channels don't want to broadcast.  At least we'd then be able to have some choice.

Indeed Malawi is landlocked but the point is that it is virtually the opposite end of a vast continent to West Africa.

Piss off to the US and watch it and see how much coverage is shown of anything but their competititors

I knew where it was

Fro link said:
Piss off to the US and watch it and see how much coverage is shown of anything but their competititors

I knew where it was

The US are hardly the benchmark for a lack of jingoism.

I bet the Europeans have a bit more balance in their coverage.

We were so fortunate to see an Australian middleweight get flogged 17-4 by a Cuban while the gymnastics is in full flow across town.

What a waste of a plane ticket and no doubt thousands of AIS money too.

And bravo to Craig Stevens for a sterling 8th placed finish in a field of 8 in his heat.  Now we know why he was so quick to give his place up to Ian Thorpe.

Yeah because if we can't be the absolute best then why even try?

Why criticise someone for doing their best, those 2 examples were never going to figure in the medals, the 400m is a hot event, and the cuban is a former world champion.

Since when is being beaten by the best at the worlds biggest sporting event something to be ashamed of?

It's not about the competitors.  It's about Channel 7 choosing to show this dross in preference to the men's gymnastics program.

Precisely.  It is the dog in the manger approach that is infuriating.  If they are not going to show quality events then at least let the Pay TV channels cover events where there are no Australians but world class performers.

It is all about ratings. Do you think that Zimbabwe will do anything but show Coventry!!!!

Other countries in the world do the same thing. They focus on their stars and top rating events. Swimming is it for us and it rates through the roof. 7 have paid squillions for the rights and so they want a payback.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=178107.msg192720#msg192720 date=1218277280]

I knew where it was

The US are hardly the benchmark for a lack of jingoism.

I bet the Europeans have a bit more balance in their coverage.
[/quote]

Actually over here they have shown quite a lot of the aussies.  Big Kev even got a mention and some air time during the opening ceremony. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:
F**k you enjoy a whinge Mata

If they were handing out medals for it he'd be a certainty for a gold.

The fact that you are pleading for coverage of the mens gymnastics speaks volumes about your motives here....hello boys !!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8