Oldfield's performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
He definitely should have kicked in or thrown a pass rather than get tackled into touch.  Bad error for a professional.  Rex's comment is correct.

That said, he learnt, and next run he kicked in and wolfman scored. Seemed to work.

oldfield looks like a footballer.rex is a very good athlete that is trying to become a footballer.he needs to get more awareness about his game and until he does he will be well behind oldfield and hoppa in the back up centre department.

my mail is that T Rex being used as a forward is also way off the mark at this stage.Buerher and Seu are small,Rose finds it difficult to play minutes.There is no way Des will run with a bloke who has no history at all in the pigs as his 4th reserve.He has always played 4 props and always will.It is simply not in Des's DNA to go with an experimental bench like that.The same logic applies to Matai playing in the pigs.won't happen.This is not a prejudgement of Rex as an interchange forward as I'm not sure how he will go but I wouldnt be holding my breath about it happening.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Not a disimilar debut to Whare. Good he got a taste early.

Debut? I'm sure he played some NRL games last year.

I thought he was pretty solid. Going into touch after that break was poor. However, how good was that infield kick for Wolfman to score under the posts?

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=187133.msg327557#msg327557 date=1301216655]
Not a disimilar debut to Whare. Good he got a taste early.

Debut? I'm sure he played some NRL games last year.

[/quote]

Your right. Rnds 23-25 + week 1 of finals.

Oldfield has tonnes of potential, great top level speed & seems to have a nose for sparking a big play.

I'd be happy for him to play in the NSW cup as an understudy & then take take over on the wing when Robbo's current contract is up.

The Sea Eagles have a real exciting future - Foran, DCE, Hoppa, Oldfield, Whare, Lodge, Riccardi, Bhurer, Harrison, Robinson, Lussick, Cunningham plus the many other kids being developed by the club.

If we want to keep these guys, that means some big decisions will need to be made when some of the 'more seasoned' players, come up for contract renewal.
Either way, it's all good.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187133.msg327791#msg327791 date=1301255065]
He definitely should have kicked in or thrown a pass rather than get tackled into touch.  Bad error for a professional.  Rex's comment is correct.

That said, he learnt, and next run he kicked in and wolfman scored. Seemed to work.
[/quote]

I was disappointed he blew the first try, but so pleased that he managed to learn from it and turn it around in the same game!  Confidence is so important for these young kids, so I was glad that the success of the second play was likely to cancel out any negative effect of the first.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4