Oldfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, he should spend next year in nsw cup developing his natural talent.

3 errors led to tries and poor ball security compounded his fate as the difference between the teams today.

If we play the Broncos again this year, we have them well and truly covered.

He is hopeless.....simple as that and he will be let go....to many mistakes and cant tackle..once we get farar back and wolfie next year he will move on....HOPEFULLY WE DO NOT NEED HIM IN THE FINALS PLEASE...........

Sheikheagle said:
Hopeless........you are a dropkick Mrs seaeagles.
He has played one good game against cronulla when jamie lyon set him up he isnt going to makeit in first grade imo...........good ridenssssssss

asked along to origin rookie camp so must be okay. We have ben very lucky that dce, hoppa, keiran have all stepped up at a young age. Yet, those 3 have been made permanent and had confidence in not being dropped. Oldfield never had much of a chance against robbo and was in/out etc which doesn't help confidence. NRL is big jump up and time will be a great help.

He had average game. But I wouldnt get rid of him. he is a local junior, has grown up with the current crop of kids coming through. He just needs time.

Brookvale said:
He had average game. But I wouldnt get rid of him. he is a local junior, has grown up with the current crop of kids coming through. He just needs time.

HOW MUCH TIME????????? he has made mistakes EVERY GAME.......WHARE is better.

Whilst not like replying to an obvious moron,nor agreeing with one Whare looked brilliant today in his 1st FG appearance all year......infront of 50,000 screaming inbreds and a lopsided penalty count,for mine

Whare > Oldfield

mr seagles said:
Brookvale said:

HOW MUCH TIME????????? he has made mistakes EVERY GAME.......WHARE is better.

I agree Dean is better, I remember Wayne Bennett being a little pee'd that we snapped him up.

With Oldfield, Dessie will most likely sit him out for the finals and make the kid hungrier next year or beyond.

His positional play needs some work, he finds himself in the wrong position, he has played 14 games and he does look like he will be a good player give him time

If this forum had its way Robbo would have been put out to pasture a long time ago (to think of it there is not a player out there that has not been "punted" on here) - it shows why you need to patient with players rather than knee jerk

Oldfield carved up souths at brookie. He is a fantastic ball runner, we saw that yesterday in the cherry try and the disallowed try. He will work on his positional play and be better next year. A junior kangaroo and local junior with size and speed, silly to punt him at 20.

Punting him is silly.Not quite a top first grader yet and would be a bit nervous with him in a semi but plenty of talent and the one thing you cant coach,speed.Another year in reggies and a good player will emerge.

Yeah I am in same boat as most people there - in attack think Oldfield is great and brings a lot to the team - his raw pace is a great advantage. His defence, hands and ability under the high ball seems a bit questionable though. A worry for a semi... hate to say it but reminds me a bit of Michael Bani in a small way ( albeit I think he will end up a lot better than Bani no doubt )

No doubt he is gonna probably make it one day just not sure its now. Thought Whare was solid yesterday.

I don't think that anybody is asking for him to be punted. It's just at this point in time, he is not quite up to first grade standards. He can offer a lot to the team in the future with his speed etc. but at the moment, he just needs a few things fine tuned to bring him up to standard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6