Oldfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleEyes

I find it hard to see wolfman coming into the team? Oldfield is doing a great job, take away his two dropped balls tonight and he has been a good contributor in every game he has played this year. Thoughts?

Soon as wolf is fit oldfield can go back to NSW cup and develop more. He's still a kid no need to rush him we saw last night that him and hoppa are still kids. Both doing an amazing job but both have improvement in them.

Catching the ball is a fairly important part of being a winger. He also needs to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in helping out when we are coming out of our own end. I don't recall a lot of work out of dummy half from him. But there is no reason Wolfman should be a walk up starter over him.

He made a couple of mistakes last night and it wasnt his best game, but he has SPEED!!! Not many players can burn Matty Bowen, and Oldfield left him clutching in that disallowed try. For mine its Oldfield over Wolf in our best 17.

I thought he was pretty average last night, if Tony Williams had that game on the wing there would be 15 topics on here this morning.

But you expect that from a young kid who hasn't played many games. I'm still keen to see Wolfman back, I enjoy a power winger running straight and hard back into the defences

Kiwi Eagle said:
I thought he was pretty average last night, if Tony Williams had that game on the wing there would be 15 topics on here this morning.

Let me begin by saying the Tony Williams played very well last night.

The only reason there would be negative posts about T-Rex if he were on the wing last night is because when he was playing as a back he was consistently playing poor and having 'off' games. Plus, he didn't have the attributes required to be a solid winger.

Volley said:
Worst game yet, but he showed his class with the disallowed try.

Luckily for him he "scored", because he made a brave decision to ignore an unmarked Hoppa on the inside who would have been in under the posts.

Oldfield single handedly lost us the game ,didnt you see him cough up two certain tries..

Chip and Chase said:
Volley said:

Luckily for him he "scored", because he made a brave decision to ignore an unmarked Hoppa on the inside who would have been in under the posts.

I looked at that a couple of times and felt that the pass to Hoppa was never quite on as there was some defenders in the way.

He went OK, apart from the dropped balls. Would Wolfie have dropped them? Probably not. Oldfield is good but not the Second Coming. He can develop more with some games in U20s and some in the big team. Des will bring him along. I too would like to see him bring the ball off the line more. He's big enough. Robbo often does it and gets smashed for his efforts. Oldfield needs to see where he can contribute a little more.

what aload of crap what cost us a win was stupid mistakes from refs that's it cut and dried admittedly we should have played better in the first half but the tackle with the knees on hoppa 8 points instead of 6 the supposedly knock on by killer the ball went backwards by 4 meters yet another ref stuff up i will not be tipping or betting anymore and i think the galloping goose should look at the officials that may be betting on games as some of these decisions makes one wonder who is betting on games as they are the ones who are deciding the outcome ( no one else ) i suggest the gallop circus ban all betting on games then see what happens it may come back to a level playing field and as for scrums let them form put the ball in and lets go stuff the lessons from refs as half of them have never played so how can they teach let the game flow and only penalise if it is blatant breach of the rules not nit picking **** as they have been doing. i watched 4 games and approx 14 penalties each game all but a few were for minor **** cut these out and the game will flow and hopefully lead to more try scoring leave Oldfield alone this kid is going to be a great asset to the club over the next 2 seasons when he replaces wolf man who at present is being played over and may not get his place back so easily sorry about being so long winded just have a bee in my bonnet after watch all this **** for the last few weeks

a few dropped balls, but probably wouldnt have scored.

In regards to the J Lyon knock on, if Oldfield had any doubts himself, he should have run into their defender, taken the tackle 5m out. Manly spread the ball and score!!

Smarter team like the tigers, storm and dragons would have done this under pressure.

zambuck said:
what aload of crap what cost us a win was stupid mistakes from refs that's it cut and dried admittedly we should have played better in the first half but the tackle with the knees on hoppa 8 points instead of 6 the supposedly knock on by killer the ball went backwards by 4 meters yet another ref stuff up i will not be tipping or betting anymore and i think the galloping goose should look at the officials that may be betting on games as some of these decisions makes one wonder who is betting on games as they are the ones who are deciding the outcome ( no one else ) i suggest the gallop circus ban all betting on games then see what happens it may come back to a level playing field and as for scrums let them form put the ball in and lets go stuff the lessons from refs as half of them have never played so how can they teach let the game flow and only penalise if it is blatant breach of the rules not nit picking s**t as they have been doing. i watched 4 games and approx 14 penalties each game all but a few were for minor s**t cut these out and the game will flow and hopefully lead to more try scoring leave Oldfield alone this kid is going to be a great asset to the club over the next 2 seasons when he replaces wolf man who at present is being played over and may not get his place back so easily sorry about being so long winded just have a bee in my bonnet after watch all this s**t for the last few weeks

The longest two sentences ever!

ads said:
Chip and Chase said:
Volley said:

I looked at that a couple of times and felt that the pass to Hoppa was never quite on as there was some defenders in the way.

Agreed, and a player with that sort of momentum running at full speed in broken play should back himself. Any player who doesn't shouldn't be in 1st grade. Give me a brave player who backs himself in that situation any day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7