Oldfield v Whare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, Oldy is awesome on the right. Whare is a far better centre than a winger. Pity oldfield is going. I think he won't reach us potential at easts.

It's a tough call as Oldfield brings the out and out speed but his positioning and decision making still need work. Thought he had played reasonably well. Was actually quite impressed by Whare as he did a pretty good job defensively on Tate. Definitely looks more comfortable at centre then on the wing. Not to flashy on attack but did his job and had a good game overall. Now personally I would take a chance and go with Oldfield, as love a winger with real speed and he compliments Taufua who is more a power winger. However Tooves has gone with Whare and he is probably the safer option and been the go to replacement for the outside backs.

Whare is a much better centre than he is winger. He did a good job filling in for Stevie last night, and kept a genuine international centre opposite him quiet.

Oldfield has blistering pace and he is outside a quality player who can exploit that. Killer makes him look good, but I thought he was pretty solid last night too.

I'm not sure which way to go next week in Melbourne, based on last night and Whares effort against the Dogs on the wing, I'd be slightly favouring Oldfield, but could cop either.

bones said:
If we need a centre - Whare.
If we need a winger - Oldfield.

And there it is. The voice of reason. Bloody obvious hey Bones? Not sure what the problem has been with the hierarchy in this decision.

Awesome that Matt Duffie won't be playing. He is one of the best takers of the high ball in the game.

Don't agree. The reason Oldfield has been in the starting line up is that he just makes too many mistakes - particularly positionally. On friday he failed to pass inside to DCE for a first try, was completely out of position for the second Cowboys try and overran the Lyon pass. He did some good things too, but all round I think Whare is less a risk.

Sorry, meant to say the reason Oldfield hasnt been in the starting line up

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7