Old Manly Warringah Song

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Hi guys i wrote a new version of the old Manly song and recorded it Dodgy Style what do you think? Here is the link http://soundcloud.com/conanu/manly-song

MANLY SONG

Manly is the team that everybody wants to be,
Tough and relentless striving to Win!

We will fly to the heights that no other club could dare to reach,
White and Maroon are the colours we bleed!

Manly Warringah, Manly Warringah, We'll fly to heights that no others can reach.
We strive to be tough and fight until the very death!
We'll bring the trophy to where it should be!

Every player from our past has toiled for us this legacy!
From Fulton to Menzies to name just a few!

And our club has been forged on the blood and sweat of champions they never wavered, accepted defeat.

Manly Warringah, Manly Warringah We'll fly to heights that no others can reach.
We'll bring the trophy to where it should be

Other clubs taste defeat when they walk upon our sacred ground,
Brookvale Oval our home by the sea!

Now our team plays the game like a force to be reckoned with!

Ha ha thanks mate, i think thats code for its **** bit ya had a go. In hindsight its garbage. But it would be good to get an old style song like that going again. Oh well seemed like a good idea at the time.

I like it, great effort!
Your voices actually sound pretty good.

Here's the original btw - love it, always worth revisiting:

http://youtu.be/FfhjqWLjGVo

The tune of Waltzing Matilda with some modern lyrics would make a great team anthem.
As much as I dislike Souths, I find their song very moving, on the other hand Cronulla's song is ****e.

Peter C said:
The tune of Waltzing Matilda with some modern lyrics would make a great team anthem.
As much as I dislike Souths, I find their song very moving, on the other hand Cronulla's song is ****e.

The cronulla song sounds like it's about incest ;)

(Replace the word cronulla for mother )

Good try BUT

NOW LISTEN

Oh we're steppin' out.
I'm gonna turn around,
Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh momma!
Oh you're rockin' well!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well when we do the Eagle Rock
Sorry but when this songs starts accross the statdium,the fans sway, the players feel like grooven and moven and i reckon even the opposition fans if you look at them tap their feet.

Doing the eagle rock
Go manly

Though old fashioned, that old version to Waltzing Matilda brings back early memories as a young Seaeagles supporter, listening to Frank Hyde on a Sunday arvo....still recall the song clearly in the background, as old Frank called the Manly team onto the field.
Also an old favourite was on Rex Mossop footy show on Sunday mornings with the old controversy corner. The song was called Warhorse & was played each week dedicated to a different player each time.
Video taped each week & 1 had Bob Fulton, it was some of the only footage I had of him apart from recently buying a Manly GF DVD pack that had the 1973 Sharks GF where he scored two dazzling tries!!!

Btw....gr8 job mate!!

Go manly said:
Good try BUT

NOW LISTEN

Oh we're steppin' out.
I'm gonna turn around,
Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh momma!
Oh you're rockin' well!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well when we do the Eagle Rock
Sorry but when this songs starts accross the statdium,the fans sway, the players feel like grooven and moven and i reckon even the opposition fans if you look at them tap their feet.

Doing the eagle rock
Go manly

100% mate Eagle Rock is the best and should never be changed. Nah i was only thinking of changing the words to the old song cause the lyrics are garbage. They mention other clubs more in the song and they sound like they say seagulls when they say sea eagles. My version there is poxy sounding although i made the funny voices to sound old fashioned but i reckon the lyrics are better than the other old one. But other than that 'Now Listen oh were steppin out' will always be my manly song!!

Eagle rock is happy cosmic fate for us.
But the old one still has nostalgia value for me. I remember a bunch of us young lads coming back from one of the finals series games in the 78 epic and one guy had a portable cassette player with the song on it (this is pre-walkman even folks) playing it in the beargarden of the Orient in the rocks (where we caught the replay after being at the SCG) and tormenting our cabdriver with it on the way home from manly wharf later on....

lol @ this guy.

He doesn't like the song!

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Confessional-plea-for-help

Nice effort conanu!

Did you hear on Talkin' Sport the Manly tribute song by Snowy Robson?
Apparently he's a mate of Max Delmege's and Max co-wrote it, it goes to the tune of the old Sinatra classic "I did it my way".

Some might think it a bit naff but made me feel all goosebumpy... "MANLY DID THEIRRR WAAAAY"

Anyone got a recording of it?

PS - I always look forward hearing to Eagle Rock after a win, it's a timeless classic and it p!sses non Manly supporters off at the same time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4