Old Manly Song

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
Tookey, now it is just the Bankers drinking themselves stupid at Bungalow 8 or Cargo!!!

I heard that Hemmes built Ivy just to accomodate the expensive tastes of the blokes who work for the Commonwealth bank.

At least they are putting our bank fees to good use.

Terry-Randal said:
This song has so much spirit. I dont remember it but it struck me straight away

Of course. It is to the tune of Waltzing Matilda. That song is an Aussie icon. (can a tune be an icon??)

Usually I love the old school, retro vibe for footy. The old jumpers & emblems are much better than the new ones. Hills & terraces are the only way to watch footy. But these old songs are awful. The AFL still use them & Cronulla's friggin' "Up, up your mother" is shocking.

Why do they all sound like a Casiotone keyboard with about 10 old blokes yell-singing over them?

And on this topic, the purpose-written songs are so artificial. Canberra & the old Parko one from the '90's, that means you.

A song to represent something needs to be adopted organically. You'll never walk alone at Liverpool is brilliant. Eagle Rock, though not as stirring, fits this mould & gets my vote to stay & become synonymous with the club.

Singing Eagle Rock at the SFS after the 2008 Warriors Preliminary Final with about 20 thousand other Manly supporters was one of the great moments of my football supporting career.

Masked Eagle said:
The one sung by Doug Parkinson?

Sea Eagles fight for every minute
Tougher than all the rest
Sea Eagles something something something
We'll always beat the best

Manly Warringah
The Soaring Sea Eagles
Manly Warringah
The Soaring High
The Soaring Sea Eagles

Yep, thats the one!

Eagle Rock, hands down best sports team song.

The Eagle said:
anyone remember all the words?
i have heard them sing it on occasion....

I have this on file:

---

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Rugby League Team Song:

(Sung to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda")

“Up the mighty Sea Eagles!” chants the crowd around the ground
This is our year, Sea Eagles to win
It’s been won by the Dragons, the Rabbitohs we don’t deny
But this is our year so join in our pride

Manly Warringah, Manly Warringah
They’ll all be waltzing behind you this year
“Manly Manly Manly!” is the chant you’ll hear around the ground
They’ll all be waltzing in behind us this year

Up the mighty Sea Eagles is the cry you hear above the din
Manly Warringah, the Eagles to win
From Cronulla to Penrith, from Brookvale to the Cricket Ground
Join in our chorus for we are victory bound

That’s the song you will hear as they run onto the Cricket Ground
They’ll all be waltzing behind us this year

They’ll all be waltzing behiiiiiiind us thiiiiiis yeeeeeeeeeeear!

---

I like it.

ssar said:
The Eagle said:
anyone remember all the words?
i have heard them sing it on occasion....

I have this on file:

---

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Rugby League Team Song:

(Sung to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda")

“Up the mighty Sea Eagles!” chants the crowd around the ground
This is our year, Sea Eagles to win
It’s been won by the Dragons, the Rabbitohs we don’t deny
But this is our year so join in our pride

“Manly Manly Manly!” is the chant you’ll hear around the ground
They’ll all be waltzing in behind us this year

Up the mighty Sea Eagles is the cry you hear above the din
Manly Warringah, the Eagles to win
From Cronulla to Penrith, from Brookvale to the Cricket Ground
Join in our chorus for we are victory bound

They’ll all be waltzing behind us this year

They’ll all be waltzing behiiiiiiind us thiiiiiis yeeeeeeeeeeear!

---

I like it.

Me too .. thanks for getting the words..

what about eagle rock do you have that 1 ,i just want to read the lyrics..lol

THe original bird was the sea gull. When did we change to being the sea eagle? I'm also curious when this song was first penned and sung; all because of having Penrith and Cronulla in the song. They came in the comp in 1967. Therefore does that mean the song was penned and sung after 1967. And if it was, does that mean we were still sea gulls back then. Someone, help me with my detective work - please ;^)

No no no not that one,the team song for most clubs in australia with "insert clubs name here"

We perhaps had a bird on our outfit before the sea eagles moniker but the club never called it a seagull

captainskin said:
THe original bird was the sea gull. When did we change to being the sea eagle? I'm also curious when this song was first penned and sung; all because of having Penrith and Cronulla in the song. They came in the comp in 1967. Therefore does that mean the song was penned and sung after 1967. And if it was, does that mean we were still sea gulls back then. Someone, help me with my detective work - please ;^)

From what I've read we've always been Sea Eagles. But early media reports sometimes called us Sea Gulls.

eagles2win said:
captainskin said:

From what I've read we've always been Sea Eagles. But early media reports sometimes called us Sea Gulls.

My understanding is that we have always had the Sea Eagle as our mascot. The seagulls moniker came from idiot journos (the more things change the more they stay the same, eh) mistaking our Sea Eagle logo for a seagull.

The morale of my story is that you should never listen to sports journos as they are knobgoblins of the highest order.

captainskin said:

Here's a snippet from the April 26th 1948 edition of Rugby League News. It was the official publication of the time.

"The club has adopted the Red-Backed Sea Eagle as the desgin for their club emblem. It is hoped to have badges available for club supporters shortly"

Before this we didn't have an emblem.

Yet, when I see a picture of the 'moose' striding onto the field with the big bird displayed on the front of the jersey the beak looks like the beak of a sea gull and not a powerful large beak of an eagle.

eagles2win said:
captainskin said:

Maybe a bit like how the All Blacks name came by mistake when some journos misheard someone saying they looked like 'all backs'.

jjai said:
what about eagle rock do you have that 1 ,i just want to read the lyrics..lol

Here's Eagle Rock:

Now listen,
Oh we're steppin' out.
I'm gonna turn around,
Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh momma!
Oh you're rockin' well!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well when we do the Eagle Rock
Now momma,
Yeah you're rockin' fine!
Why don't you give me a sign?
Hmm just give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/daddy_cool/eagle_rock.html ]
Chorus:
Hey Hey Hey good old Eagle Rock's here to stay,
I'm just crazy 'bout the way we move,
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Oh-oh-oh come on fast, you can come on slow
I'm just crazy 'bout the way we move
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Go momma!
Well you're rockin' fine!
Why don't you give me a sign?
Just gotta give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh baby!
Well I feel so free!
Hmm what you do to me!
What you do to me when we do the Eagle Rock.

-Chorus-

-SOLO-

Now listen,
More we're steppin' out.
Yeah, gonna turn around,
Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock.

-Chorus-

-Outro-
Doin the Eagle Rock.
Doin the Eagle Rock.
Doin the Eagle Rock.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8