Old and slow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
In a nutshell, this team looks old and slow, the Rorters are faster and have go forward we can only dream of.

I think some hard decisions need to be made in relation to some of the guys who are just that little bit older.

We need an injection of youth and we need go forward desparately.

We have had so much ball at the right end but we havent really looked like we are gonna trouble them.

Certainly there is an element of truth to what you said. But Toov's isnt daft, he knows what the team needs to stay at the top. He is, and has been, injecting youth into the team since he has been coach. We'll be right. The Roosters are clearly reaping the rewards of persevering with youth for a few years, as well as pinching a few other gun players.

Your wrong Sheridan in some people's eyes as we will come good and win the grand final. It was obvious tonight that we are too old but that debate wil happen in a few games time.

Darren just squirted a little when he read the topic title

The oldest team in the comp yesterday scored 36pts before halftime. For me the "too old" line is just an extremely simplistic way of trying to analyze a problem with a team

We will scrape over the line against Parra and everything will be alright again!

Kiwi Eagle said:

The oldest team in the comp yesterday scored 36pts before halftime. For me the "too old" line is just an extremely simplistic way of trying to analyze a problem with a team

But you'd have to admit your protestations against us being old and slow are starting to become more null and void by the week. The problem has been brewing for a while...

Kiwi Eagle said:

Haha, and you keep glossing over it with irrelevant facts and figures. The Knights put 36 points on the Titans who probably played the worst I've ever seen a team play. Lets see the oldest team in the comp string it together for more than 3 weeks at a time.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Hahahahahahahha so did I when I read that. Funniest post of the night

No, we will smash Parra, Stevie baby will score 3 and Lyon will take an intercept and run 100 metres.

CAMBO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Hahahahahahahha so did I when I read that. Funniest post of the night
I am sure you did

Moops said:
We will scrape over the line against Parra and everything will be alright again!

Kiwi Eagle said:

But you'd have to admit your protestations against us being old and slow are starting to become more null and void by the week. The problem has been brewing for a while...

Age plays very little part in it for me

Where we are being shown up isn't in age, it is in the lack of strong running middle of the park players. We haven't adapted to being without King, Galuvao and Fa'aoso who are all dominant ball runner, and all we have replaced them with is George, who is doing a really good job

On the back of not get that dominance at the point of impact, we are cramped with little room to move, and everything looks slow on the back of it.

Kite has never been a guy who on impact pokes the upper body through, his strength has always been leg drive. Lawrence is trying but looks to be feeling the effects of his 1st full campaign

watch the replay and count him many times in each set of six our forwards bent their defensive line.. and watch where each of our forwards ended up. On his back. They out wrestled us and slowed us down. We had no momentum at all in the forwards. Lawrence made a great little run and then Jamie Lyon scored. This is what we lacked whereas the Roosters bent our line almost every time.

I would like to see Chee Kam and Trebojivic come through as we lack some young leg drive in our forwards.

Faoso will make a difference. What's up with gower he looked a big unit at least. Gift needs a spell in reserves, defended well against the storm but needs to get his timing and fitness back in the lower grades. The bloke is a traditional footballer and needs to come back like the old days through the lower grades. He is not a rubbe down athlete ready to get straight back into it. Wolf has been a great servant to the club but offers too little now. Everyone else I can live with. We might not win this year but we aren't parra!

Yeah let's inject some youth and quality from our outstanding performing minor grades............**** me dead get real !!!!!! This is what we have it isn't going to change.

mickqld said:
Yeah let's inject some youth and quality from our outstanding performing minor grades............f**k me dead get real !!!!!! This is what we have it isn't going to change.
I can understand your frustration mick but things will change .Foran and Fa'aoso will make a difference .

The team has great spirit no question. The thing is that our attack is cluttered. We need go forward urgently, G Rose did a great job and was rewarded with a really good try.

the game was summed up by the last play, Gifty crabbing across field and losing the ball.

I think if we are fair, the score flattered us a bit last night.

Fa'aoso will make a difference but his card is marked by the pinkies. Discipline again was poor at times last night and that is something that Toovey has to address cause every week its the same story.

All is not lost, we have a run of games now where we can get some points. If we cant beat the whingers, Cows minus origin players, the Titans, the tigers and the eels again, well we dont deserve to make the finals.

Time for Manly to be ruthless!!

Can't believe people bagging Gifts performance last night. Was our best along with Ferris IMO. I must've of been watching a different game.

mickqld said:
Yeah let's inject some youth and quality from our outstanding performing minor grades............f**k me dead get real !!!!!! This is what we have it isn't going to change.

I don't agree. We have always had a lot of ordinary sides in the lower grades but there was always one or two players out of those sides that would perform very well when given the chance. It was always a joke in our household with my brothers that Manly always seemed to underperform in the lower grades but produce a few gems for first grade whereas parramatta would always finish up the top, have a million juniors, yet not many would kick on in first grade. It is not always a guide!

Brent Kite! Loyal servant to the club etc etc but he simply lacks any impact anymore. Fails to bend the line, doesn't hit it with speed, and goes missing in defence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8