1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok ill say it...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by susan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Had enough of this disrespectful rubbish.

I hope they both go and our great club retains some dignity.Has there been a greater Dutch auction in professional sport in this country? No

2. highlandeagle

highlandeagle Still hating Gallop

Ratings:
    +159 / 8
  3. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    Yes @susan we know you're opinion.

You have stated it in every post the past few days.

The irony of course being that your post prior to this one was lamenting how our halves are primadonnas, and you have now started a thread fixated on the entire issue. :(

If you're over all the comments about it, why are you perpetuating it?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    I feeling the same way but, yes always a but, I keep reading the young blokes on here saying " it's just professional sport in this era ".

My Dad brought me up on the old " handshake means everything" way of doing things, also respect played a huge part in my upbringing.

But approaching 60 ( and rapidly) I'm probably just old fashioned .

Maybe this is the new way it's done, disrespectful I know but who am I to say it's wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  5. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 192
    I think we should reserve on what we say on what they do

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    God forbid players look to make money on the open market, jeez some people take this all to heart way too much.

If they stay they stay and if they go they go, I won't hold any grudges against them if they do leave

7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    We are all so tired of this whole saga. It is obvious the guys are seriously torn about what to do and life is all about making choices and decisions. The guys delaying this just drags this out and hurts the club further. The offers are on the table, it is now down to motivation and finally committing. All I know is that they are wonderful players and to keep them would be amazing and on the other hand if they go, thanks for the memories and now we can get our club back and put a smile on its face again.

8. MightyEagles

MightyEagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 8
    Seriously if I was DCE or foran and I read this forum I couldn't wait to get out of the place. They are both still here for one more season, maybe more. Every fan, paper, tv channel etc has them here today gone tomorrow here the next day and gone the day after. Today's paper says Foran is having second thoughts about going. It's a big decision and to be honest does it really affect us until 2016. Yeah sure I'd like to know the answer yesterday too but I don't. The fact is that every other player we are discussing as possible replacements is still unsigned also. They will still be unsigned the day after these two make up their minds as well. Do I think they will give 100% for the rest of the season if they sign elsewhere? Too right I do. If they don't they can piss off to reserve grade. Has this whole process given me the ****s? Too right it has, but what can I do about it? F*^* all. Just sit back and watch them next Friday night and relax. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    Do you think they will give 100% if their hearts are elsewhere ?

Losing them would be tragic , the effect on the team if the say their going could be disasterous

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Has this post given me cause for reflection. You bet it has

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    More than happy for them to stay. We will survive and thrive if they don't.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Is it bill shorten language or naked gun. Either way I LOVE IT

13. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    It's another Boags night , and that always gives me a great reason to reflect on many things.

3 down, 3 to go!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Do I think MFB can clean out the camp beer fridge ? Yes I do.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    In the words of Obama

" Yes I Can"

• Like Like x 1
  16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 57
    The worst part of all this is I've been off the drink since xmas but it's all about to change shortly.:party:

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyVXI

AndyVXI Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 2
    From where I sit, it feels like everything is hingeing on DCE. If he goes, I'm guessing Foran will likely stay. My sense, based on nothing more than what I've seen in the public view mind you, is that DCE isn't the type who can bond well with the rest of the team, and that has a knock on effect to the rest of the group, who I suspect have lost respect for him. Not sure the fella's can get back that closeness and team spirit that was so valuable in previous years.

At this point, if it had to be one or the other, I wouldn't be too disappointed if DCE goes, as long as Foran stays.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Well,
    Seems loyalty, honor and respect for your mates may well be a thing of the past.
    I'd hate to go into battle with the new breed. They'd be changing sides for a pay rise.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    But could he drink them in a boat?
    Could he drink them with a goat?

• Like Like x 3
  20. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Exactly how I feel about the situation.DCE leaving may actually be a good thing for the player group.

• Like Like x 1