Officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
What are some of these blokes watching on the field ?

Saturday night, Raiders v Dragons, Miller and Poore have an altercation

Cumstain and Suttor call the touch judge in and ask if any punches were thrown.

Touchie "I didn't see any"

We then see a replay, at at a minimum, 15 punches would have been thrown between the 2 of them

4 officials, and not 1 of them saw a single punch out of that lot

Scrath testing players for drugs.

Sounds like the test needs to extend to NRL officialdom.

What a wonderful job being a touch judge would be. All you have to do is run up and down a sideline, wave your flag, crack jokes with the wingers and create fiction when called upon.

Such a fiery, passionate game and the touchie somehow missed all 15 punches. It would leave you scratching your head. Maybe he was pre-occupied with the death threats he'd be receiving on the sideline.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What are some of these blokes watching on the field ?

Saturday night, Raiders v Dragons, Miller and Poore have an altercation

Cumstain and Suttor call the touch judge in and ask if any punches were thrown.

Touchie \"I didn't see any\"

We then see a replay, at at a minimum, 15 punches would have been thrown between the 2 of them

4 officials, and not 1 of them saw a single punch out of that lot

I am going to hazard a guess here and say the touch judges were watching the play and the ball right in front rather than a few punches right in the middle of the field which would have been obscured by other players!

What you should be asking, is why they didnt askt he video ref to have a look, not that it even mattered as the penalty went the right way and they all got on with it

Maybe the touchie liked the biff, and didn't want to see a penalty blown or players sent so he lied and said he saw nothing.

Well played Touchie imo

True Dan, but you would think that the touchie from the far side looking across to the play, would have seen 2 big blokes throwing a few somewhere in his line of vision. The call of the touchie was crucial in a way, because vision of a punch would have seen them heading off to the bin for 10mins

And is it the touchies job to keep an eye on backplay as well ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
True Dan, but you would think that the touchie from the far side looking across to the play, would have seen 2 big blokes throwing a few somewhere in his line of vision. The call of the touchie was crucial in a way, because vision of a punch would have seen them heading off to the bin for 10mins

And is it the touchies job to keep an eye on backplay as well ?

From the replays players were spread fairly flat, I would say the view was obscured, however they only asked the near side touchie!

I was happy with the outcome, a player being sent off would have ruined it and made Dragons believe that is why they lost, rather than being beaten.

Pittwater Legend, Touchies are also lower grade referees so its not all peaches and cream.

Tedro was a touchie for years after he obviously got on someones bad side

No way was his view obscured dan, that would require a winger to stand still for 20 seconds and the only bloke who does that plays for manly

Fluffy link said:
No way was his view obscured dan, that would require a winger to stand still for 20 seconds and the only bloke who does that plays for manly

T williams isnt standing still he is turning around, it just takes so long it seems like he is standing still.

You know he is actually bald, that is moss on his head

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6