Officials ruining the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
The article calls for the abolition of the video ref.  I don't however agree that the video ref should go.  The second ref is the problem imo.  To many soft penalties.  I never minded the minutes wait while they got a decision right, and I've always wanted the video ref to rule on forward passes, especially in the movement leading up to a try.  I see the vr as a more effective assist to the ref in the middle than those muppets who run the sideline and can't see a forward pass when it's in front of them.  

I agree that the video ref should go. The NRL should adopt the NFL way in which there is somebody (call them a video monitor) who can replay on the big screen the portion of play that needs reviewing and the referee on field then makes the decision.

If you are going to have a video ref, there needs to be 3 of them. They all sit in separate rooms, and have 30 seconds to hit yes or no.

I think the rules for video ref should be

no more than 5 looks at any 1 try
a limit of 1 maybe 2 slow motions.

If you cant decide if it is a try or not from that, you have to go for benefit of the doubt.

They wont get them all right but people will complain less and the game will flow better. If it looks like a try it is a try

clontaago link said:
If you are going to have a video ref, there needs to be 3 of them. They all sit in separate rooms, and have 30 seconds to hit yes or no.

Why waste more money on more incompetent referees where the money could be used elsewhere in junior development etc and refereeing decisions can be made by one of the two referees on the field?

Even with one ref its no better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYdcDlc4Bi0
Both ref & touch judge (who was so close the players could have sat on him) missed this.  :mad: Video ref doesn't talk to the ref unless asked to ajudicate a try or occasionally a 40/20 over here. Didn't cost us the game, not turning pressure & possesion into points (sound familiar) did for us in the end, but could have turned it in our favour. Wound up a few Rhinos fans as I was wearing my Manly beany, as I was at the WCC, they can't take a bit of ribbing those lot.  ;D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2