Official Side V Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Big changes for Manly

With his side hit by injury and suspension, Manly coach Des Hasler has been forced to make six positional changes to his side to meet Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday.

Winger David Williams (collarbone) and fullback Brett Stewart (knee) are out for extended periods, while in-form prop George Rose faces at least a week on the sideline after being charged with a careless high tackle following the loss to the Tigers on Monday night.

Michael Robertson will switch from wing to fullback, centre Tony Williams moves to the wing with Chris Bailey replacing him in the centres.

Interchange forward Shane Rodney will start in the second-row with Joe Galuvao and Matt Cross winning spots on the bench.

Rose has been named on an extended bench in the unlikely hope he will have his careless high tackle charge downloaded – should the Sea Eagles decide to fight the case at the NRL judiciary.

"It’s been a fairly disruptive start for us but this team has overcome hurdles before," coach Des Hasler told Sportal.

"Parra are coming off a loss like us and will be extremely hard to beat, but we’ll be up for it."

Local Eels junior Brendan Oake gets first shot at replacing back-rower Shane Shackleton, ruled out for the season after suffering a horrific hamstring injury in the first round loss to the Dragons.

"It is a terrible and horrific injury for Shane…to be out for the season so early on is devastating. It does open the door for Brendan though," Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson said.

"It’s a great opportunity for him as he has not played first grade since round 11 last year so I’m looking forward to his contribution to the team."

sportal.com.au

I doubt that side will run out personally, playing on a Monday night Des normally just throws a side at the NRL and it changes by game day

If I hadn't have watched the game last night and read this forum today without knowing the score I would have thought we had lost 56-6 or something !! For 60mins the side looked great, with minimal input from B Stewart at the back. George is the big loss for mine, hopefully it sparks Perry into gear

Is that because Parramatta were so impressive last friday night ?

For the record, I don't see a win coming our way, but imo the doom and gloom after last night is laughable considering we played well for such a large portion of it. I saw some positives on display last night, I seem to have been watching the wrong game

No attack in this side at all.

No Snake
Robbo out of position
Williams is an impact player off the bench and should be in forwards
Bailey is a forward
Foran is a 5/8

Des please take a chance on youth

Few options

1. should swap Lyon and Bailey, or

2. Blood Hodkinson agianst his old team at 7, move Foran to 6 and Lyon in the centres.

The only positive from the side that has been named is will not be the side that runs onto the field on Sunday, or at least in the positions that have been announced, it is the only thing that gives me even the faintest glimmer of hope.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If I hadn't have watched the game last night and read this forum today without knowing the score I would have thought we had lost 56-6 or something !! For 60mins the side looked great, with minimal input from B Stewart at the back. George is the big loss for mine, hopefully it sparks Perry into gear

I just watched the replay, and the fox telecast did not do justice to the ferocity of the game. Ferocity of our guys that is. Tigers got off to a flyer with a mountain of ball early, but our blokes literally muscled their way back in the game and then right over the top of the Tigers. If we had not conceded so many 2nd half penalties we would have won by 30.

After watching the replay I think it was a pretty good match. A lot of teams would not have had the ability to grab their chance like the Tigers did, credit to them, but they know they were in a game and would feel lucky to have got away with it.

To emphasise the positive - how about comparing last night with Round 1 2009? If our team plays with such spirit in every game I will be pretty happy, and we will win a lot of games.

Our forward packs was great.. Rose is a loss but Cross and Gulavao on the bench is a boost. Rodney starting is a boost. If Cross plays a blinder.. and Gulavao then pressure will be on Bailey and Perry to lift or be dropped (youd like to think)

I just hope Des has some sense and is just saving Hoppa and Whare from the pressure of naming them in the side. Playing them on Sunday.

Just having some enthusiasm and unpredictablity and PACE with those two kids in the side would be brilliant. Weakening our wing play to replace Stewart is a stupid idea. Robbo scores tries on the wing.. he got like 3-4 out of 18 matches at full back. He stands to deep and they always kick short because of it.

Agreed SeaEagleRock8, i am still pretty upset that we lost, but i think we showed a hell of a lot more grit and determination than we did 12 months ago.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182656.msg254838#msg254838 date=1268724785]

I just watched the replay, and the fox telecast did not do justice to the ferocity of the game. Ferocity of our guys that is. Tigers got off to a flyer with a mountain of ball early, but our blokes literally muscled their way back in the game and then right over the top of the Tigers. If we had not conceded so many 2nd half penalties we would have won by 30.

After watching the replay I think it was a pretty good match. A lot of teams would not have had the ability to grab their chance like the Tigers did, credit to them, but they know they were in a game and would feel lucky to have got away with it.

To emphasise the positive - how about comparing last night with Round 1 2009? If our team plays with such spirit in every game I will be pretty happy, and we will win a lot of games.
[/quote]

I 100% agree.

i think they played with great grit too.thats not the point.stewart got injured with 3 minutes to go and is out for a couple of months.wholesale positional changes due to him being injured with only matai playing in his usual role,no new faces and an extreme lack of pace is the problem now.how we played for 60 minutes on monday matters little except to reduce the losing margin.to expect bailey,matai , williams and farrar to contain hayne and co is a joke.why not learn a bit from our defeats rather than dishing up the same old stuff.

susan ridgepipe link said:
i think they played with great grit too.thats not the point.stewart got injured with 3 minutes to go and is out for a couple of months.wholesale positional changes due to him being injured with only matai playing in his usual role,no new faces and an extreme lack of pace is the problem now.how we played for 60 minutes on monday matters little except to reduce the losing margin.to expect bailey,matai , williams and farrar to contain hayne and co is a joke.why not learn a bit from our defeats rather than dishing up the same old stuff.

mmmmm.... pessimism, you have.

I know the guys do a lot of pretty good stuff on the field, but some times when i look at the way des runs the team, i feel like we support the most boring side in the comp some days.

Not as boring as the dragons though...

Well everyone else has named a side, heres mine for what it is worth

Farrar
Robbo
Foran
Matai
Whare (2nd fatest in club)
Lyon
Trent H
King
Ballin
Perry