Off-Season Signing Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes but I'm stuck on the fact that Darius Boyd returned to form after being poor at Newcastle with a poor side there. I think Uate could do the same. Boyd was not wanted by Broncos fans and look at what he's become again. The thing I don't like whatsoever is that buhrers name has even been thrown up into the air with a possible swap to Newcastle. Pathetic the way we've been treating some of our players that put their body on the line week after week. If manly do infact release him you can expect me to get a few more of those dummy spit ratings that's for sure
yeah I have the same thoughts re Uate. Boyd was horrible there. EVERYONE has been horrible there. I see a potentially very good signing in Uate.

Jake would be lethal with some offloads In him!

As for Jamil, well he is an absolute bulldozer and if he can adjust to the NRL and still play close to as tough as he does in the lower grade then we will be the most intimidating pack in the NRL, especially if Matulino is signed. Both Hoppa and Tapau on each side would be something special if he does play similar than he currently does.
Did you say disgrace? I started this thread about the off season market, not Nate Myles...

Matagi is the purrfect replacement for Vave, plus Matagi doesn't have stupid defence lapses and can play long minutes unlike Vave. Matulino I view as a backrow option as it would allow Jake to prop.

8: J Trbojevic
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12: B Matulino
13: J Buhrer

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: S Matagi
17: J Hopoate

18: S Lane
19: W Meehan

Matagi is the purrfect replacement for Vave, plus Matagi doesn't have stupid defence lapses and can play long minutes unlike Vave. Matulino I view as a backrow option as it would allow Jake to prop.

I know nothing about this Matagi, Turbo1 and I can't bothered to look him up.
Please provide me with a rundown.
Appreciated.

I know nothing about this Matagi, Turbo1 and I can't bothered to look him up.
Please provide me with a rundown.
Appreciated.
Well he is a former warrior and rooster, and a Samoa and NZ international in 2013-2014. 27 years old. 107 kg and 179 cm. I've watched him a fair bit and was keen on him before panthers got him. He was really good off the bench at roosters making big metres and solid tackles as he is doing at Penrith, he is like JWH with out all the dirty stuff. Intimidating forward. Has a good offload also. Will be good impact off the bench if we use him correctly which is running it hard and tackling hard.

I had mixed feelings with Jake moving back to prop, I felt that if he did that his minutes would be reduced but if you throw the possibility of Matulino and Tapau both at second row then yes I would be very happy for him to move back there. Plus we have so many props at the moment (especially if Matagi is signed) and would need to have reduced minutes for the starters in that position. So I would see that squad with a bench like this...

14. Addin Fonua-Blake (prop)
15. Suaia Matagi (prop)
16. Brenton Lawrence (prop)
17. Jamil Hopoate (second row, to come on for Matulino who will tire at around the 60 minute mark)

Not too sure if that is too many props, if so then I would put Api there.
As for Willis Meehan, I was tossing up as to what prop he should replace on the bench but I feel he will make this side only once one or two of these props are injured.

I had mixed feelings with Jake moving back to prop, I felt that if he did that his minutes would be reduced but if you throw the possibility of Matulino and Tapau both at second row then yes I would be very happy for him to move back there. Plus we have so many props at the moment (especially if Matagi is signed) and would need to have reduced minutes for the starters in that position. So I would see that squad with a bench like this...

14. Addin Fonua-Blake (prop)
15. Suaia Matagi (prop)
16. Brenton Lawrence (prop)
17. Jamil Hopoate (second row, to come on for Matulino who will tire at around the 60 minute mark)

Not too sure if that is too many props, if so then I would put Api there.
As for Willis Meehan, I was tossing up as to what prop he should replace on the bench but I feel he will make this side only once one or two of these props are injured.
Willis will be there abouts maybe not next year as starting 17 but in 2018 for sure was the best young forward in the game and if he finds his feet he will be the best manly has made ever for sure he was that good depends on if can bring it back before his stint. Don't worry about Jake getting limited minutes in 2015 he was starting prop playing 60 mins and towards the end 80, he will get more minutes at prop.

Well he is a former warrior and rooster, and a Samoa and NZ international in 2013-2014. 27 years old. 107 kg and 179 cm. I've watched him a fair bit and was keen on him before panthers got him. He was really good off the bench at roosters making big metres and solid tackles as he is doing at Penrith, he is like JWH with out all the dirty stuff. Intimidating forward. Has a good offload also. Will be good impact off the bench if we use him correctly which is running it hard and tackling hard.
Ta man. Geez physically he's a stump...
Sounds a bit like Moa.

I must be missing something..I don't for the life of me see Jake as a prop. Seems a waste of talent using him as battering ram. He's too skillful for that and not big enuff imo I reckon he's a lock/2nd rower. He can still be plenty involved in attack but can help out our rubbish defence on the edges with his textbook defence that makes me smile every time he chops off someone's legs lol

This is Matagi highlight reel.. Great leg drive/speed and a quick play the ball. Geez him in form would give us a bit of a platform to God forbid get a roll on and let DCE and Greeny do their magic!

I must be missing something..I don't for the life of me see Jake as a prop. Seems a waste of talent using him as battering ram. He's too skillful for that and not big enuff imo I reckon he's a lock/2nd rower. He can still be plenty involved in attack but can help out our rubbish defence on the edges with his textbook defence that makes me smile every time he chops off someone's legs lol
He played different to other props in 2015. He was more of a ball player, offloaded and linked up a lot with the other forwards putting them through holes. Trust me he won't be used as a battering ram and if Barrett does do that it will be pretty sad to watch jakes career go to dust as another victim of Barrett but it won't happen Jake is too good and will not become another plain old prop.

He played different to other props in 2015. He was more of a ball player, offloaded and linked up a lot with the other forwards putting them through holes. Trust me he won't be used as a battering ram and if Barrett does do that it will be pretty sad to watch jakes career go to dust as another victim of Barrett but it won't happen Jake is too good and will not become another plain old prop.

I hope ure right brother - but for that to occur we'll need to incorporate some support play into our attacking 'structure' *cough
Is a full pre-season enuff for Tweedledum & Dee to sort that out??

Question that needs to be asked is given the League's attitude toward Jamil's rehab, I suspect he is still off contract.

I'd rather stick a peeled Trinidad Scorpion chili up my bum than cheer for Jamil in a Manly jersey.
Get use to him in a Manly jersey he has a future at this club in first grade. He has done the time for his crime, he deserves his chance.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8