Off-Season Signing Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
The silly season appears to have begun with all the merry go rounds beginning like the Hooker saga and now the Foran and Moylan/Cartwright to begin. Here's some of my predictions for off season signings.

Lolohea to Storm
Matulino to Manly
Matagi to Manly
Uate to Manly
Bird to Knights
Fensom to Dragons
Cook to Sharks

Tupou possibly to Manly
Buhrer possibly to Newcastle

Agree, only signing I don't want is Daniel Tupou, he just isn't manly worthy IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The silly season appears to have begun with all the merry go rounds beginning like the Hooker saga and now the Foran and Moylan/Cartwright to begin. Here's some of my predictions for off season signings.

Lolohea to Storm
Matulino to Manly
Matagi to Manly
Uate to Manly
Bird to Knights
Fensom to Dragons
Cook to Sharks

Tupou possibly to Manly
Buhrer possibly to Manly

Errr. Did you mean Buhrer possibly to Newcastle. Or are you suggesting that Manly's recruitment people finally get their brains back on track and offer Buhrer an extended contract

Nah man Tupou is more likely to get his form back then Uate is. If it's a choice between the two Tupou right away.
Yes but I'm stuck on the fact that Darius Boyd returned to form after being poor at Newcastle with a poor side there. I think Uate could do the same. Boyd was not wanted by Broncos fans and look at what he's become again. The thing I don't like whatsoever is that buhrers name has even been thrown up into the air with a possible swap to Newcastle. Pathetic the way we've been treating some of our players that put their body on the line week after week. If manly do infact release him you can expect me to get a few more of those dummy spit ratings that's for sure

Agree, only signing I don't want is Daniel Tupou, he just isn't manly worthy IMO, I see him being another disgrace wearing the jersey cough cough Nate Myles

Harry, if you don't think someone is good enough to play first grade, say it. But calling footballers a "disgrace" doesn't do a kid of your intelligence any credit. Leave that level of disrespect to some of the miserable buggers on this site that never played the game.

I think I would prefer Bodene Thompson, over Matulino though..
We have a pretty good Prop roster.
Bodene would look great behind DCE's right shoulder .

I fully understand although I do really see him taking up our money only to hope for everyone to set him up in the corner. Not the kind of player id want to see in the maroon and white as he has never seemed desperate to go out their to win or to go out their and have any kind of fun whatsoever. He seems disinterested and I worry his confidence will only go down as his career goes on. I can't see him ever wanting us to win through examples and I dunno I just really don't feel that he could wear the jersey by earning it. This may all be a dummy spit from me, I just have to see how I feel about it after a few days and after watch some youtube on him ;)

I am victim once more, the rumours have struck me again

Harry, I am not disagreeing with your assessment of him, just think you can express it without personal disrespect ....

I think I would prefer Bodene Thompson, over Matulino though..
We have a pretty good Prop roster.
Bodene would look great behind DCE's right shoulder .
I disagree, Matulino didn't fit in with the style of forwards the Warriors have currently got, like the Mannering and Hoffman types, he plays well with a big yet skilful forward pack beside him and some players that can utilise on his freak offloading ability. In saying that I do agree with what you said about bodene although personally I have reserved the future second row position for Jamil Hoppa

Harry, I am not disagreeing with your assessment of him, just think you can express it without personal disrespect ....
Right, well apparently I've forgotten how to read. Woops will make it nicer now. Disgrace is a horrible term to be met with, and if I felt that he wasn't worthy of the manly jersey then the only people I should have been calling a disgrace would have been the requirement department. My bad!

I disagree, Matulino didn't fit in with the style of forwards the Warriors have currently got, like the Mannering and Hoffman types, he plays well with a big yet skilful forward pack beside him and some players that can utilise on his freak offloading ability. In saying that I do agree with what you said about bodene although personally I have reserved the future second row position for Jamil Hoppa
I don't know that much about Jamil
? I hope he can fill that void.
I can't wait until Jake learns the offload! It one thing he lacks...
A good offload wins a game..
Watch some Corey Parker clips young man!

Right, well apparently I've forgotten how to read. Woops will make it nicer now. Disgrace is a horrible term to be met with, and if I felt that he wasn't worthy of the manly jersey then the only people I should have been calling a disgrace would have been the requirement department. My bad!

Harry, I'm not the protocol officer, you can tell me to get stuffed, many have. It's just my opinion, and something that was reinforced through years of hanging around good footballers, very few ever openly disrespected other footballers. (unless it was personal)

Jake would be lethal with some offloads In him!

As for Jamil, well he is an absolute bulldozer and if he can adjust to the NRL and still play close to as tough as he does in the lower grade then we will be the most intimidating pack in the NRL, especially if Matulino is signed. Both Hoppa and Tapau on each side would be something special if he does play similar than he currently does.

Harry, I'm not the protocol officer, you can tell me to get stuffed, many have. It's just my opinion, and something that was reinforced through years of hanging around good footballers, very few ever openly disrespected other footballers. (unless it was personal)
I wont, Woodsie sounds too good to be told to get stuffed, oh and you give good advice too :nod:

Yeah but in all honesty ...Whenever our forwards bent the line was there EVER anyone pushing up in support??? No! Just Browns bloody cows hanging back waiting for the next play. I have a feeling Jake has a great offload in him - he's got great hands but he can't pass to the invisible man.

Yeah but in all honesty ...Whenever our forwards bent the line was there EVER anyone pushing up in support??? No! Just Browns bloody cows hanging back waiting for the next play. I have a feeling Jake has a great offload in him - he's got great hands but he can't pass to the invisible man.
Yup no one but Matt Parcell, if Parcell can stay on the field for longer provided no major injuries occur then maybe some of our other players will learn it too.

100% true!!
Except round 20 against rabbitoes.
We got away more offloads that first half (13) than we did in any game this year! Other than one.

Second half only 2 off loads
Guess what the game plan was that day...?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4