off season fix

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

arty

Reserve Grader
Anyone else feel the need to somehow moderate the anguish of off season boredom? Now that Manly is not going to collapse in a big heap and now shows evidence of great player optimism and canny administrative talent, the off season without any action to reveal these positives is very hard to put up with. Summer sport makes me agog with apathy and self pity has been exhausted, so some sort of a fix is needed. Any ideas?

Congratulations Arty. That was a very well constructed and thought out post. I give you top marks for spelling and punctuation. This of course means very little as my spelling leaves much to be desired.
I too have very little interest in summer sport and tend to devote more time to my work and family. This means B.B.Q's, beer and relaxing. Other than that, you now have the choice of re-watching the 08 or 2011 grand finals for kicks!

Yeah.......watch the 08 GF.

Have a beer at the start, another at Half time and one every time we score.

You'll be smashed after 80 min

i've just gone out & bought the 2011 victory pack, so with the '08 victory pack,the '09 world club challenge & this years pack i'll be right through summer

People keep saying to me that at least the cricket's on. That's alright for them but I hate bloody cricket. Ah well, back to counting my knees.

Was struggling for some sport yesterday...anything...flicking the tele, and there's Vossy commentating on a bloody push-bike race!!!the more enthusiasm he tried to put into it the worse(funnier) it got. He must've been hard up for cash. Tragic.:-/

One huge positive is how the whole mood of the team has changed for the better. 4-6 weeks ago when wearing the Premiers T's and jerseys it was all derision from the idiot in the street. But now we can confidently say that we have a settled coach, a long time successful Manly Sea Eagle in fact, the only listed losses for 2012 are Robbo and Hoppa (who was leaving anyway for 2 years), and there is a solidarity and optimism no matter what the Daily Terrorgraph would want the nutters to believe. Stick it up 'em.

ManlyBacker said:
One huge positive is how the whole mood of the team has changed for the better. 4-6 weeks ago when wearing the Premiers T's and jerseys it was all derision from the idiot in the street. But now we can confidently say that we have a settled coach, a long time successful Manly Sea Eagle in fact, the only listed losses for 2012 are Robbo and Hoppa (who was leaving anyway for 2 years), and there is a solidarity and optimism no matter what the Daily Terrorgraph would want the nutters to believe. Stick it up 'em.

And with all this positivity, which can be sensed from Forum vibes [e.g. frequent ripples, if not convulsions of delight] hopes of a very rosy future rather than bitter memories of dashed hopes are possible. Dare one also anticipate that other Manly stars will emerge from obscurity before the 2012 season ends to compensate us for the Hoppa debacle and the Robbo farewell ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4