Of the 14 who got the tap on the shoulder....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Who's left ?
If anyone can remember the supposed list, it'd be intersting to see how many have actually been moved on and who has dodged a bullet..for now.....either way , its a large turn over of players AND does anyone expect more players to be forced out before the season starts?

I remember these three

1-Fumble fingers Burgess
2-Liver lips matao
3- josh Starling

So hopefully one more to go!

Both only have a year left so damage is minimal but will also free up some cash for another good signing next year.

The 14 were

Ballin - gorn
Mateo - staying
Hodges - ??
Burgess - staying *
Starling - staying ??
Nami Lui - gorn
Horoscope - gorn
JLJ - gorn
The Hass - gorn
Mase - gorn
Wolfie - gorn ??
Blair - gorn
Vave - ??
Tyson Andrews - ??

* Burgess is staying according to his brother

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_20000-burgess-luke-to-stay-at-manly.html

So they have done a pretty good job of culling those on the original list.

Thought I saw somewhere that Vave was staying, could be wrong. Though he seemed like a good leader or mentor for the reserves rather than a realistic NRL option.

The 14 were

Ballin - gorn
Mateo - staying
Hodges - ??
Burgess - staying *
Starling - staying ??
Nami Lui - gorn
Horoscope - gorn
JLJ - gorn
The Hass - gorn
Mase - gorn
Wolfie - gorn ??
Blair - gorn
Vave - ??
Tyson Andrews - ??

* Burgess is staying according to his brother

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_20000-burgess-luke-to-stay-at-manly.html

So they have done a pretty good job of culling those on the original list.
Without having to pay someone to take them too. That is near impossible these days, especially when the names are known. Have to say - incredible job getting that all done.

Is Brayden Wiliame still at the club? If he is I am surprised he wasn't one of the 14.

Seriously, if he is still at Manly how could the club let go a talent like Gutho and keep a curse like Wiliame who showed absolutely nothing in first grade this year?

The quality players we lost is pretty huge:-
1. Kieran Foran (Eels)
2. Matt Ballin (Tigers)
3. Clinton Gutherson (Eels)
4. James Hasson (Eels)
5. Dunamis Lui (Dragons)
6. Jesse Sene-Lefeo (Sharks)
7. Willie Mason (unsigned)
8. Cheyse Blair (Storm)
9. Michael Chee-Kam (Tigers)
10. Ligi Sao (Warriors)
11. Justin Horo (Catalan Dragons)

Then lesser players like:-

12. Jack Littlejohn (Tigers)
13. Will Pearsall (Knights)

Kind of sad really, and really hard to get attached to players anymore.
Guess we needed a rebuild though.

The quality players we lost is pretty huge:-
1. Kieran Foran (Eels)
2. Matt Ballin (Tigers)
3. Clinton Gutherson (Eels)
4. James Hasson (Eels)
5. Dunamis Lui (Dragons)
6. Jesse Sene-Lefeo (Sharks)
7. Willie Mason (unsigned)
8. Cheyse Blair (Storm)
9. Michael Chee-Kam (Tigers)
10. Ligi Sao (Warriors)
11. Justin Horo (Catalan Dragons)

Then lesser players like:-

12. Jack Littlejohn (Tigers)
13. Will Pearsall (Knights)

Kind of sad really, and really hard to get attached to players anymore.
Guess we needed a rebuild though.
"Guess we needed a rebuild though"

Mate you come across as bi-polar some times - especially considering the pro club stance you've voiced over the past season. You can't seriously be lamenting the loss of guys like... well all bar the top three max of that list (and really if you are talking loyalty then it's just Ballin and Gutho). The rest are padding for a good club/NSW Cup.

"Guess we needed a rebuild though"

Mate you come across as bi-polar some times - especially considering the pro club stance you've voiced over the past season. You can't seriously be lamenting the loss of guys like... well all bar the top three max of that list (and really if you are talking loyalty then it's just Ballin and Gutho). The rest are padding for a good club/NSW Cup.

Bipolar because your sad to see club legends leave, yet confirming we needed a rebuild? Rrrriiiiiggghhhht.

You just took an opportunity to have a dig and try to inflame.

Yes, I can be serious that I'm lamenting quite a few of those players. Some others, not so much.

Bipolar because your sad to see club legends leave, yet confirming we needed a rebuild? Rrrriiiiiggghhhht.

You just took an opportunity to have a dig and try to inflame.

Yes, I can be serious that I'm lamenting quite a few of those players. Some others, not so much.
No no no - don't pull that taking a dig/inflame ****. That's not happening at all. I just don't get "Kind of sad really, and really hard to get attached to players anymore."

Of that list, who were you attached to? You say quite a few. Ballin? Sure, but you've also said his time has come and gone. Foz no way - you've been as vocal as me or anyone else in wishing he'd have ****ed off earlier. Gutho? He didn't really play enough for anyone to get attached to him. The rest are just filler. Some toilers and some good clubmen on their day but nothing to cry over.

Manly have a long history of letting guys go. Even when we destroyed the comp in 2008, it didn't take long to move on the captain of that team.

A culture of winning requires a constant, maintained level of talent. I've been as big a fan of some of the guys that have left recently as anyone but I'm a bigger fan of a strong Manly team that every other fan hates.

I think the days of being attached to players is probably at an end, once Killer, Snake & Skivvy go there will only be DCE left.

Players today come and go based on performance, money or no opportunity where they are, or simply not being wanted.

Seeing Gutho in a dirty Eels jumper yesterday just showed how ruthless the current playing field is .

Ballin aside , and the issues surrounding that decision, but out of all those I thought JSL was a real loss he always tried his heart out and was a great club man as well.
JSL was a great club man BUT he never really came on as a player. He's a kind of tweener - like a better Hasson which admittedly is a back handed compliment but accurate...

No no no - don't pull that taking a dig/inflame ****. That's not happening at all. I just don't get "Kind of sad really, and really hard to get attached to players anymore."

Of that list, who were you attached to? You say quite a few. Ballin? Sure, but you've also said his time has come and gone. Foz no way - you've been as vocal as me or anyone else in wishing he'd have ****ed off earlier. Gutho? He didn't really play enough for anyone to get attached to him. The rest are just filler. Some toilers and some good clubmen on their day but nothing to cry over.

Manly have a long history of letting guys go. Even when we destroyed the comp in 2008, it didn't take long to move on the captain of that team.

A culture of winning requires a constant, maintained level of talent. I've been as big a fan of some of the guys that have left recently as anyone but I'm a bigger fan of a strong Manly team that every other fan hates.

Well, honestly, I absolutely loved JSL. I loved his enthusiasm, demeanour, attitude and playing style. I'd met him quite a few times and found him to be an amazing family man and person.

Dunamis Lui was a very good player in my opinion. I thought he added a lot of aggression and value.

Gutherson I was a massive fan of, and had quite a few interactions with the young fellow. I think he'll be a huge loss, and honestly, think he was at least a match quality wise with Trbojevic.

Ballin, I am completely gutted over.

Justin Horo I really loved. Unlike most here, I rated him. I thought he added quite a bit. I loved it when he got angry. That's when he excelled.

Everyone knows I wanted Willie mason re-signed - what a character.

Ligi Sao and Chee Kam are so young, and have so much potential. I thought Chee Kam was a work in progress, and that there was a family thing here. I believe in my heart of hearts he'll be back in 2017.

Yeah, I got attached to these players. As much as people say it's a business nowadays - I disagree. I love our players (those that want to be here), and there is attachment.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that we had to change, but how does that mean I can't be gutted to see some of our players go, else that makes me bipolar?

Well, honestly, I absolutely loved JSL. I loved his enthusiasm, demeanour, attitude and playing style. I'd met him quite a few times and found him to be an amazing family man and person.

Dunamis Lui was a very good player in my opinion. I thought he added a lot of aggression and value.

Gutherson I was a massive fan of, and had quite a few interactions with the young fellow. I think he'll be a huge loss, and honestly, think he was at least a match quality wise with Trbojevic.

Ballin, I am completely gutted over.

Justin Horo I really loved. Unlike most here, I rated him. I thought he added quite a bit. I loved it when he got angry. That's when he excelled.

Everyone knows I wanted Willie mason re-signed - what a character.

Ligi Sao and Chee Kam are so young, and have so much potential. I thought Chee Kam was a work in progress, and that there was a family thing here. I believe in my heart of hearts he'll be back in 2017.

Yeah, I got attached to these players. As much as people say it's a business nowadays - I disagree. I love our players (those that want to be here), and there is attachment.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that we had to change, but how does that mean I can't be gutted to see some of our players go, else that makes me bipolar?
The bipolar was a joke in regards to your stance on change throughout the year. You seemed to be a bit more sentimental now the change or shift to a new squad is on, which is fine - you can feel however you want. Just noticed it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6