1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ODI Squad

Discussion in 'Cricket Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Squad for first 3 ODI's as follows

Michael Clarke (c), Daniel Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ryan Harris, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Brett Lee, Mitchell Marsh, Clint McKay, Ricky Ponting, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner

No Haddin and no Shaun Marsh. Peter Forrest ...who ???

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Good,good, who cares? Lol

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Peter Forrest is from Sydney, He moved up to Qld to get a more regular gig in a State team.

He was actually the captain of the Brisbane Heat in the T20 stuff, is a handy player so will be interesting to see how he goes.

I thought of you when I saw Haddin was "rested" Shane :)

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I only saw a couple of the early Heat games, but Forrest wasn't a standout.

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Just as well they didnt pick him for the T20s then hey :)

FYI he scored 154 runs in the BBL.
    176 In the Ryobi Cup in 6 digs.
    and 512 in the shield.

An experimental selection I'd assume.

6. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Rested or forcefully retired? splitting hairs much?

7. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    did you not notice the " " you tool?

he'll be back in the later games in the series so it isnt splitting hairs.

FMD how do you manage to get through life with an IQ approaching that of a lounge chair and a comprehension level below that?

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I must say I didn't really notice Wade, which is good news for the bowlers,i rarely noticed Gilly without his bat[hr]
    Yawn, more latent abuse, when will the mods who raced to sanction me sanction this abuse? I smell some cowardice and ALOT of double standards

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Wasnt abuse, was a simple question.

10. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Its turned into plain harassment tbh, you are both boring and pathetic, you are an absolute embarrassment and a **** excuse for a troll

Wonder what your family would think of your harassment of one person

Btw I wasnt talking directly to you,i was thinking out loud

Maybe I should dredge up threads from last year...actually your not worth another moment of my possibly short life

11. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    well stop biting then

12. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    The Peter Forrest selection is very odd. Averages about 20 in ODD with a strike rate around 60. Obviously picked due to his Shield form to see whether he's up to facing International attacks.

Tom Cooper would've been a much better option imo.

Not sure on Dussey either, if you want to prep for the next World Cup in 2015, why pick a guy who'll be about 38 and isn't really that good anyway.

13. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Agreed Volley, It appears a bit of an experimentla selection.

Cooper is an interesting one, played for Holland at last years world cup, and is doing pretty well down in Adelaide.

anyone who watches "cricket superstar" on Fox 8 would have seen his little brother as well..

14. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    I keep forgetting about that "cricket superstar" show. Is it worth a watch Fro?

15. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Its a bit cringeworthy at times, but if there is nothing else you normally watch its probably worth a look,

I think it was filmed a while ago, they played the QIS squad ( I think) and one of the bowlers was young Mcdermott.

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Birt would have been a better option than Forrest wouldn't he ? Looked so in the BB anyway

We have named some very, very experimental squads over here for our games against the Zimbos, plenty of guys in line for debuts

17. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Birt is pretty much a T20 guy Kiwi, although he has had some success in the 50 over stuff.

He's in the T20 squad for the 2 matches this week.

Ferguson looks like he is the one who has had his ticket punched.

18. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The skills should transfer easy from T20 to One day stuff though. He just looks good at the crease.

19. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    yeah for better or worse our selectors tend to be diverging a bit for all 3 forms.

dunno if its the right way or not, but it seems to be looking like it. there are exceptions of course.

20. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I thought Quiney looked good in a couple of the Stars BBL games I caught, and I see he has racked up a couple of tons in the shield game over the weekend. Obviously got a reasonably solid technique and can hit in the shorter form, so he might be one worth a further look based on current form.

• Like Like x 1