Odds of Matai seeing out the final rounds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

caspersparks

Reserve Grader
IMO he is in career best form, that sidestep is deadly.. BUT..

With the "much hyped showdown" with Allsgood on Saturday night and us playing Souths in the coming weeks (we all remember the Burgess hit), he is always walking a tightrope in terms of being placed on report due to his past no matter how small the incident is..

What are the chances of the emotion getting the better of him and doing something silly? :-/

Hopefully zero chance of that. But if he does I hope it's aimed at the scoreboard as it should and needs to be. We need him in the side for the big matches ahead. Not on the sideline.

I'm not saying this to pick an argument with a fellow Manly fan. I'm just thinking about what Matai told the media when they (the media) was talking about when he and Allgood comes together for a second-rounder. He said the only sort of revenge is the legal way- putting points on the board. And in an article on Manly's website it says that he won't go looking for trouble at this time of the season.

I hope this has cleared any mis-understandings my original post had.

If he was going to do anything outside the rules to Allgood, don't you think he would have done it last time they played? He didn't even throw a punch. He knows he can't let the team down or he would have retaliated.

Matai needs to think back to 2010 and missing the finals and suck it up. He was praised on here for the way he handled the Allgood situation but he had so much steam coming out afterwards he could have faced manslaughter charges he was so out of control. You don't see that from Killer, but you also don't see the hits we love.

Fox Sports said we have the best 1 - 7 in the NRL but that will only be true Stevie if you are there.

His judiciary record, and I'm one who thinks he has been harshly dealt with, is so bad ANY mistake will be season ending. We love you Stevie but don't do anything stupid. I'm hoping he can buck the odds and play an important part of another Premiership.

Skivvi will be fine. We all know Foran has been stirring the pot on the Allgood v Matai situation for a bit of a laugh. I only want him to play if his hip is right.

Very impressed with Steve's composure, absolute credit Skivvi. Did anyone else see him saying, "where's Allgood" to Snake in the pre-game on the field? I sware he was saying this to gee up Snake. Anyway, I didn't see them come together did they?

Just had to mention Stevies chase to deny Locke a try with three minutes remaining, when the result was already decided. While others may have got all the accolades in todays game, that determination he showed speaks volumes of the mind set of the whole team. :)

Totally agree wombatgc!!! That play made me so proud. That is the mind set you want from your players, if you want to win the comp. Skivi could have easily just given up, but showed the determination to protect our line till the end. Those types of plays are also the difference when for and against factors in to determine your qualifying spot.

Are we likely to play Parramatta in the finals? And I'd suggest he keep a low profile with the Burgess brothers....there's four of them.. Matai doesnt need to go over the top between now and the finals because Manly are almost assured of a top four spot. The Finals? Well that's another matai.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6