NZ plan to Out-Witt Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NZ plan to Out-Witt Manly
Andrew Bryan
NRL
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50284
The Warriors will be looking for an ex-Sea Eagle to condemn Manly to back-to-back losses at Brookvale Oval for their first time since 2006 when the two sides clash on Monday night.

Michael Witt, who helped engineer a win over his former club the Eels last round, will be aiming to repeat the dose when he takes on the Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval.

“I don’t really think about playing my old side anymore,” Witt said.

“I’m really happy at the Warriors and I think these early games are really important, especially at the back end of the season when trying to get a top eight or top four finish.”

Witt will go head-to-head with NSW star Jamie Lyon in an intriguing battle of the halves that could go a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

“Jamie is a class player,” Witt said.

“He has copped a lot of criticism with people saying he should play in the centres so I am sure he will be determined to have a great year and cement his spot as a great half in his own right.

“It is going to be a tough game against Manly – they are looking for their first win of the season and Brookvale is a pretty hard place to win at.”

The Warriors have won four out of their last six matches at Brookvale Oval, but Manly have made it a fortress in recent times, winning 11 out of 13 at home.

Witt believes a simple game plan will work to the Warriors’ advantage.

“The key to winning the game will be playing smart football,” he said.

“If we can hold on to the ball, as we showed against Parramatta we can score plenty of points.

“We just dropped too much ball against the Storm and paid for it - when we hold on to it we are a dangerous side and hopefully we can put in a good performance and take the points against Manly

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4