Number of Interchanges to drop in 2016?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Just read this on SMH:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...the-nippy-little-players-20150413-1mjwrd.html

"So why is Broncos coach Wayne Bennett signing and re-signing every super-footed, lithe halfback and hooker possible, including a young fullback from central Queensland whom scouts describe as "electric"?

Because the "Skinny Coach" knows the NRL will drop the interchange numbers from 10 to six, ridding the game of the lumbering giants. He also anticipates the NRL will mandate a two-interchange, two-replacement bench, meaning he can bring utility back Anthony Milford on fresh with 30 minutes left to tear tiring opposition defences apart."

----------

It would probably disadvantage us less than teams like Canterbury or the Warriors, but then again we don't have many speedsters either.

What do we think of this?

Good for us, with the current roster and coaching staff.

There will still be a place for the G Rose style player though.
Go nuts for as long as possible and then off and done for the day.
Bozo perfected the little man replacing the big guys back in the day. Paul Shaw sticks in my memory.

6 would be ideal, although with the convoluted Concussion rule, we still don't know the make up of the bench from 2016.

It is unfair that Bennet and Robbo get to make these decisions and the other 14 Clubs are sent a Memo in week 1 :mad:

Very interesting! When decided on, will definitely affect recruitment strategy.

Would kill us at the moment as we are the un-fittest, slowest side in NRL. With only 6 on the bench and a 2 interchange, 2 replacement rule, would suit teams who are fit, and have good ball movement. Speedy outside backs and zippy halves/hooker. Warriors I think would actually do well, (not hinder them), Panthers, Broncos also, and South's would still do very well - because they are still a fit side with plenty of players that would break open a game with tiring defence - G.I, Walker, Isaac Luke, Reynolds, Johnson... they would be hard to defend! Our donkey pack and sliding backwards defence/ruck defence would be really exposed!

Whilst we are shopping in the open player market plenty of $$, we are in a good position to recruit according to the new interchange rule.

6 interchanges will hurt teams like the Scumdogs.

Lowering the interchange is much needed and will open the game up considerably.

I'd like to see a 6 man bench and only single, permanent substitutions, similar to football or rugby. Would mean sides can keep an outside back or half on the bench in case of injury. Gees that would have helped us out over the first 6 weeks....Tred in the centres anyone???

It would actually fix the concussion drama too, as the player would just have to come off and then they are subbed, can't go back on, no need for neutral doctors.

Unfortunately for us someone like DCE may benefit the most and turn into the best player in the game with lower interchange.

Look at the bongos recuiting to see what is likely to happen as Bennet gets beneficial insider knowledge on these things

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2